• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boots Head to head review - Setup vs Teknic

Reaction score
Well I have been hunting for a long time for a good pair of boots to ride my Suzuki, being poor I did want boots and bought used boots and though not always happy of the "boots style" I always got my money's worth. After 2 years I decide to "splurge" and get new boots after wearing down the used boots to the ground...

I ride a Suzuki GS500, Standard seat crotch rocket type bike. I daily ride to and from work 98 miles round trip, last year I rode 11,000 miles to work.

Setup vision:

Default.jpg

Now these were a huge improvement over my Joe rocket boots.
no more a need to compare apples with oranges between these two...

Aside that SIDI "supervises" the making of these boots, I found these sized 43 (fits like a 9.5/10us) size (Italian made they say, guess they have big feet in Italy) to be pretty wide and large... though comfy overall I would give these 7/10, they are a great boots if all you do is ride around in town and occasional twisties ride.... but their sizing need revising, and in the last few months I have seen allot of store no longer carry this line of boots.

I go mine at new enough for a penny on the dollar deal for 99$.

Teknic Violator II:

TEKNIC-VIOLATOR-BOOT-BLUE.jpg

OMG! if the setup vision where an improvement over the Joe rocket boots, the violator II boots are a huge step in quality and comfort ABOVE setup vision boots.

The adjustment straps, the way it is designed, nothing but great comments on my part it feels like a soft sock unto my feet... and a 43 (9us) is correctly sized. Wide enough and my toes don't float in the boot.... I LOVE these boots...

I bought mine at ironpony.com they have very good closeouts, and at 99$ the same price as the setup boots... THESE boots are a MUCH better deal.
I give them a 9/10 (there is no perfect boots).

Back