• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need help with windscreen removal

Reaction score
I just purchased a new givi D262s windscreen for my 2007 Bandit and it is still sitting in the box because I cannot figure out how to remove the stock screen. Can some kind person please help me? I would really appreciate all the help I can get.:doh:

gregH.

we have the same holeshot screen.
i still like mine.

we had different stories on the how well it fit.
mine fit poorly at the mounting tabs.
closeup pics here. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23443
post #12.

i would have thought for the money, the fit would have been better.
the clarity of the screen was also poor, wavy, bumpy.
its not that i really look through it to see while driving, but it was poorly made compared to the original suzuki screen.
have you ever gone back in to see if there is any fretting at mounting points on yours to improve fitment?
hows the gap in the black panel near the paint?

just curious,
no personal attacking,
i couldnt find the twt link, when i posted the bandit alley link.

i feel i have abandoned my previous forum, you guys are stuck with me.
http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=27947&page=11

Jo -
Mine actually lined up well, I must have gotten a lucky batch. Also, the screen seems as clear the OEM screen. Look at that first picture in my install thread and you can see cleanly through the Holeshot Double Bubble.

As far as the gap - are you talking about the instrument cluster cowling which is on the top and snaps into the fairing above the head light and just under the forward lower cutout (air gap?) of the windscreen? If so, that gap is 1/16" - I just measured it. I do not know if that gap was there with the OEM screen.

I just installed my Givi (last Sunday) and it only took about 30-45 minutes. I took it real slow. I think it went so well because of the tips from this forum.

Here’s what I did.

1) Removed the mirrors from the fairing. May not be needed but I thought the shop manual said to do this.
2) Removed the 2 screws at the base of the instrument cluster.
3) Pulled out the cluster. This also “snaps” in/out at the top via plastic tabs and may take some pulling. I wrapped a small towel around the cluster and just set it to one side – didn’t unplug it.
4) Now, if you start at the top where the windscreen meets the fairing and work down you will see two screws on each side of the screen on the inside of the fairing. These hold the fairing shell and screen together.
5) Remove these 4 screws (allen-heads). Be careful not to pull out the mounting bolts these screws mate with as they are mounted in a rubber base or socket and can be a pain if they come out.
6) Now carefully separate the outside/inside fairing shell and work the screen out.
7) Put the Givi in place, line up the bolts and secure the screws – don’t force or you may pop out the rubber mounted bolt. My Givi lined up real well – required very minor shifting of screen/fairing shell.
8) Snap the cluster back in place and secure those screws and you’re done.

I used a set of allens with a 90degree bend at one end. BTW – somewhere on this forum is a link to a downloadable 1250 shop manual. It’s about 40mb worth of data but is very sharp and easy to read – good quality.

My Givi performs GREAT – much better wind protection than stock.

for improved looks and performance!
06748.gif

:lol2:

I would like to thank the following people for their prompt reply to my cry for help: Suzukijo, ZenMan, Dwoodul, GregH and Flickmeister. I really appreciate your help and great instructions on the removal of the windscreen. If you are ever in Southern California please email me and I'll will buy you lunch at the Dana Point Marina. Thanks again guys. :rider:

whoo-hooo! free lunch!
i havnt been on the ortega in years, and from what i hear, isnt like it used to be.
i never been to palomar, and would like to ride that one day, but i would have to go down the 15, as thru LA makes me feel like i am punished for something i didnt do.

glad to hear you got what you needed.
aint forums nice.

i'm north of LA, one of them crazy desert people. hah!

You're welcome, Gil. Now you know why we hang around here so much - we all get help.

Post pics after you have the new screen installed. Because..."we don't believe anything without pics!" :rider:

Actually it was GregH, Elbandito and some of the earlier posters with the instructions that made it so easy for my installation.

Ol Dave

Off topic: Valentines Day cards. You know you've settled in to your marriage when your wife gives you a Valentines card with the Message " Love is not having to apologize for your farts"... She was such a sweet thing when I married her - now me and our boys call her "sailor Mom"... I guess we've been a bad influence on her...!!! :lol2:

Last edited:
Back