• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki tank bra now available

Roy

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Tank bra fits great and the label was for a '07 GSF1250S. I ordered it for a GSXF650 '08 model go figure. Suzuki parts are crazy screwed up these days. Bra fits real tight. It had better be warm when you try to install it another advantage of living in mississippi this time of year :mrgreen:

Pics:

tankbra1.jpg

tankbra2.jpg

Re: Suzuki rank bra now available

It's Tank not rank, it has been a long day.

Are they like car bras, where eventually the paint underneath it is a different shade and somewhat scratched?

Tank bra fits great and the label was for a '07 GSF1250S. I ordered it for a GSXF650 '08 model go figure. Suzuki parts are crazy screwed up these days. Bra fits real tight. It had better be warm when you try to install it another advantage of living in mississippi this time of year :mrgreen:

So.... I have a tendency to be a bit slow at times... This is the '08 GSXF650 bra?? Not trying to be difficult, my dealer is over 100 miles away and it's a pain to try to return stuff if I don't get it right the first time.
Thanks for the info Roy

i would expect the paint underneath, does get damaged.
any of them i have removed, the paint was worn.

now my tank doesnt have one, and its getting rubbed dull anyway.

img0254iy1.jpg

i should have put the clear tank protector thing first off, but i've seen those too, and they look bad after a while.

i guess i could modify my bike, so i am sitting leaning back, with my legs forward and outstretched wide, and put some leather strap with conch and fringe over it?

but what you do to your bike is you. that would not be me.

Retail is $36.95 I got 10% off and with state tax OTD it was $35.58

Found it. Suzuki part# 990A0-36000. Funny that they don't show it for the 1250... Looks as if the tanks are pretty much the same except for color.

Found it. Suzuki part# 990A0-36000. Funny that they don't show it for the 1250... Looks as if the tanks are pretty much the same except for color.

willie the part is the 1250 number also they are the same. On my box it said for a '07 1250S but showed a 650 in the instructions and stated they were the same part. Your good to go.

I am not a big fan of tank bras but all the Bandits I have owned seem to need one just to keep the paint somewhat clear looking over time. My Roadcrafter suit was really scratching mine up bad and the black was really showing wear. Its like anything else maintenance is the key to keeping the underneath clean and dry. It is real easy to remove once it has been on a while, maybe 5 seconds.

I got the clear tankslapper thing. Its good because it doesnt change the paint color, and when it starts to tear or get old you can just rip it off and put another one on. For $20 its replaceable.

I got the clear tankslapper thing. Its good because it doesnt change the paint color, and when it starts to tear or get old you can just rip it off and put another one on. For $20 its replaceable.
If he'd ever get back to me about a whole bike kit I'd order mine. Looks like I might go with a 1980 Ton Loc tank bra instead :(

Edit, Lucas just emailed me on the tankslapper. Thank god!

Does it interfere with your tankbag at all? Looks good otherwise. I might have to swing by the dealer and pick one up

4/02 order placed!

Back