PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! Bandit Instrument Question

SoCalBandit
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Thinking of buying a 2007 1250 Bandit and was wondering what digital info is on the guage on the right of the tach.
Is it a computer that shows gas milage and distance till empty ect??

Or is it just a digital gas guage and speedo??

suzukijo
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
gage is simple.
pay double for a bmw and you get stuff to play with in the gage.

SoCalBandit
02-15-2008, 08:53 PM
gage is simple.
pay double for a bmw and you get stuff to play with in the gage.
So........how "simple" is it??

txbanditrydr
02-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll guess digital speedo, odo, trip odo (maybe two) and clock - no computer

SoCalBandit
02-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll guess digital speedo, odo, trip odo (maybe two) and clock - no computer

Ah.....ok Thanks!
I guess you can't complain for the money.
I found a dealer here in So Cal selling a NEW Black 2007 for $6,900 plus tax license ect.....
You guys thing thats a good price??

HEY SUZUKIJO....you live near some nice roads, I live near Hemet in So Cal but I like to ride the "3 Canyons" when I get up that way....Bouquet is my favorite!

suzukijo
02-15-2008, 09:43 PM
bouquet cyn/res from spunky

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5417/img1730ef6.jpg

otd had em for $6,999 otd, what i paid for mine. http://www.otdcyclesports.com/
total. try their instant quote. they are in LA.

the gage is simple. not even a gear indicator, no temp gage, no this no that. just speedo, odo, fuel level, overheat warning, clock, i'd have to look and see. but its not like its fancy, maybe next year. we used to go to idylwild, but havnt been up that way in years.

not sure if this is appropo for this thread, but http://maps.live.com/ is interesting.
just double clik on where you want to go, and it zooms in, and you can clik on road or aerial, or hybrid, so if someone says hemet is west of los angeles, you can zoom on los angeles, and eventually if you look long enough you can find hemet.
or for that matter, north of LA you can find Lake Hughes.
so when you guys tell me your in ohio, i often look, and try to find it.

nothing to do with gages, this might dissapear later.

SoCalBandit
02-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks Jo!!

Trailduster
02-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Ah.....ok Thanks!
I guess you can't complain for the money.
I found a dealer here in So Cal selling a NEW Black 2007 for $6,900 plus tax license ect.....
You guys thing thats a good price??

HEY SUZUKIJO....you live near some nice roads, I live near Hemet in So Cal but I like to ride the "3 Canyons" when I get up that way....Bouquet is my favorite!

That would a good and fair deal in my mind, I had to pay list at 8.200.00 last year in part because i needed them to pay off my trade 06 C90 , owed more than it was worth and they did, My Bandit red is also the last one they have been able to get, last september was when i bought it, They say Suzuki wont send em, many request for the Bandit but they cant get em, one customer has had a deposit since oct. and will give up on it and months end and out the door for 6.900.00 i read back there, How,ed they do that? sounds like they ate shipping,make-ready and tax unless i read wrong.

SoCalBandit
02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
That would a good and fair deal in my mind, I had to pay list at 8.200.00 last year in part because i needed them to pay off my trade 06 C90 , owed more than it was worth and they did, My Bandit red is also the last one they have been able to get, last september was when i bought it, They say Suzuki wont send em, many request for the Bandit but they cant get em, one customer has had a deposit since oct. and will give up on it and months end and out the door for 6.900.00 i read back there, How,ed they do that? sounds like they ate shipping,make-ready and tax unless i read wrong.
Most dealers tell me that Naked Standards like the Bandit, Kawasaki ZRX, Honda 919 ect...are NOT big sellers, they tend to sit on the floor(at least out here in Southern California)...these bikes are "nitch" bikes that appeal mostly to guys age 35 or older that grew up with the sport standards of the 80's like the Kawasaki GPZ and Suzuki GS Series ect....(I'm 47)
That's one reason why Kawasaki doesn't make the ZRX1200 anymore, and those were GREAT bikes (I had two!) but they didn't move well at the dealers.

BTW......I wish SUZUKI would have left the engine color Black, don't know why they went to Silver, I think the Blacked out motor looks so much better than Silver.:thumbd:

rworm
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Most dealers tell me that Naked Standards like the Bandit, Kawasaki ZRX, Honda 919 ect...are NOT big sellers, they tend to sit on the floor(at least out here in Southern California)...these bikes are "nitch" bikes that appeal mostly to guys age 35 or older that grew up with the sport standards of the 80's like the Kawasaki GPZ and Suzuki GS Series ect....(I'm 47)
That's one reason why Kawasaki doesn't make the ZRX1200 anymore, and those were GREAT bikes (I had two!) but they didn't move well at the dealers.

BTW......I wish SUZUKI would have left the engine color Black, don't know why they went to Silver, I think the Blacked out motor looks so much better than Silver.:thumbd:
Us 82 year olds like em TOO:rider:

rworm

Gilk51
02-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Ho boy! I read the title too quickly and thought it was a "band instrument question". :doh:

Trombone, trumpet, euphonium? :trust:

:giveup: (must be time for bed)

SoCalBandit
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Us 82 year olds like em TOO:rider:
rworm

Are you really 82?? That's cool if you are......I hope I'm still ALIVE at 82 let alone riding.
I'm a member of the ZRXOA (owners Assoc) and I think the oldest ZRX rider is about 80 or so,

They did a survey on the site awhile back to see what the average age of the riders were.......it was like 45 or so.

suzukijo
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM
guitar!

GregH
02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
2 trip meters in there, as well.

treybrad
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
A visual always helps, even if it is a bad picture:

http://webspace.utexas.edu/treybrad/www/bandit/small-08mileage.jpg

From L to R you've got:

- Tach
- ABS Malfunction Light (If so equipped...) (Lit up red in pic on Tach side)
- FI Malfunction Light
- Speedometer
- Fuel Level
- Odometer
- Trip Meters A/B
- Clock
- Neutral Indicator (Green in pic)
- Oil Pressure Light (Red in pic)
- Water Temp Light
- High-Beam Indicator

trey

SoCalBandit
02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the pic.

Too bad it doesn't have TEMP guage.....ALL bikes should have a temp guage/Oil PSI guage.