• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SuzukiJo for President!

Reaction score
OK, or some honorary title. Squeaky for Vice-President!

SuzukiJo has the patience of a Saint! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound! Able to train idiots (ME) to post pictures! Sheer perserverance, dogged persistence, infinite patience for the picturally (is this a word?)disabled!

Not only did he put procedures (in detail) in another one of my posts, he also captured a screen-by-screen tutorial for me in the "Grip...." thread. Pictures! Now that's what I need!!!! :clap:

Now, more pictures during the rides and projects. I was about to give up on posting anything.

Here's one just to prove he succeeded in this formidable task!!!

bandit001ye6.jpg

etcthorne - I see that nasty tank sticker is the first to go... I still have a couple on the fairing to remove. What type of camera are you using? I'm using an old 3.2mp Kodak and my picture isn't nearly as clear/good as yours. We're looking for an upgrade, just haven't decided on one yet.

Ol Dave

Sorry - here's the photo... Well dang, it took the upload but no photo. Guess I'll have to work on that...:shock:

Here we go - maybe...

Last edited:
Kodak EasyShare C743 - 7.1 MegaPixels. It does take shockingly good pictures. I'm constantly amazed at the quality.

Here's a picture of my VTX1800C I took about three years ago with an older 5 MPixel camera. It was fairly good too.

copyofmotorcycle006xh9.jpg

Any Walmart will have it - tennis racket replacement grip. Very soft rubber and it sticks to itself. Comes in a roll that looks like electrical tape.

After you wrap, put a strip of electrical tape at the open end so it doesn't come undone.

I learned this little trick years ago because I couldn't find a suitable replacement grip for my big hands.

Oh, and it will set you back about $5.00 total for two rolls of black replacement grip. Buy two rolls, you'll need 'em.

Sorry - didn't mention this - wrap it right over the existing grip. Takes about 5 minutes to carefully wrap both hand grips, and it NEVER slips.

MikeS, did you find the grip tape? How'd it work out for you?

I love it! It's cheap and it works. It's better than any "motorcycle" grip I've ever found.

MikeS, did you find the grip tape? How'd it work out for you?

I love it! It's cheap and it works. It's better than any "motorcycle" grip I've ever found.
Etchorne, yes I did!! I put them on and the thicker grip is much more comfortable. The feel is superior to standard grips which I typically find too small in diameter.

Thanks again for that tip, it worked out great!

Back