• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250 Horn Relocate/Change

PhilS

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I was annoyed, like most of you, with that stupid
horn in back of the radiator and was waiting to move
it when I gutted the cannister system under the fairing.
Well, I jumped the gun and moved it anyway.

There is this mounting point on the fork brace under the
fairing that had 2 threaded holes in it. I think it's for the
non-fairinged Euro Version headlight vertical adjustment
plate or something like that. I chopped and bent the factory
horn bracket, drilled an extra hole, and used the extra
standoff screws from the red-reflectors I took off months
ago and mounted the hole thing on the fork brace.

I am much happier with this location than stock. I can see
the horn just a little bit from the front view, but not
much to be concerned about. Maybe when the cannsiter gets
gutted, it will go up under the fairing.

No wiring extension needed - yippee for that!!

Horn_Relocate001.jpg

Horn_Relocate002.jpg

Horn_Relocate003.jpg

Put a Stebel Airhorn on there, Phil. Show those soccer mom's who is boss! :rider:

Soon grasshopper, soon. :zen:

Yet, that would involve money......thus, this change was justified.

Must-------stop---------spending!!!!!!!!:giveup:

El Bandito......you have a shot of where you re-located your horn to? Did I miss it in the picture you posted up there?

El Bandito......you have a shot of where you re-located your horn to? Did I miss it in the picture you posted up there?

When I decided to relocate the horn, I was looking for a place to move it to where it would still face forward, but be hidden from view.

So I thought that since I had already planned on removing the charcoal canister, I figured that hidding it inside the fairing would be a good place for it. So I pulled the fairing off and removed the charcoal cannister and all of the associated plumbing.

I then found that the stock horn bracket would bolt up nicely to the front mounting hole on the frame that the charcoal canister mounting bracket bolted to. After cutting the front half of the charcoal mounting bracket off, and just leaving the rear section to attach the fairing to, all I had to do mount the horn using a 5/8" OD x 1/2" long spacer I already had with a new 6mm bolt and attach the horn to threaded hole in the frame.

All I had to do was relocate the wires over to the right side off the bike and connect them back up to the horn.

The horn now faces directly towards the front opening in the fairing, but is completely hidden from view. I tried taking a picture of it, but you reallt can't see it where its mounted. The next time I remove the fairing, I'll take a picture of it.

Back