• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lets Race!

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
Photojojo, did you race this past weekend?

My race is next week, I am excited! I need to clean airfilters and make sure we have spare sparkpkugs. We are physically ready, I think....:rider:

This is the same race that I crushed my expansion chamber on last year.

The rest of the story will come later.:rofl:

No, I think I'm going to retire with my perfect record. Nothing like being able to say I've won every motorcycle race I've ever entered.

See, that is what I have to live up to. I can only say I didn't even make it one lap!

Trying bud.
Think we're closing on a house fri.....
Don't they know I have my priorities!!!!!

Well, two days before my race, prepped the bike before putting it up 2 weeks ago, so tonight I will pull them back out, check tire pressure and pet them. It is plural because Terra is also racing, but she is currently in Dallas for work. She gets in tomorrow and then we go home, pick up the dogs and head out. She doesn't get much rest.

I am nervous, worst part is that we have a ski trip planned for next weekend, so that means I cannot get hurt racing or two weekends are ruined.

Terra got third in the womens C and I got third in open 200 and below C. Both of us were slow compared to the first place people in our group.

The enduro cross section was a blast. I hope they got some goo pictures of me, I was jumping the double, hitting the telephone poles in a wheelie. I didn't push it, just tried to finish and that is what I did.

Terra ended up throwing her bike in the air in the enduro cross tractor tire section, landed on the tail, bent the exhaust, sub frame, handle bar, and the bike wouldn't start. They push started her and she finsihed the race. Also hwer bark buster was missing, rear brake lever was cushed into the bike bike and she had to bend it back out. She is tougher than me!

My next race is two weeks from now. It is more of an enduro type event, You have to reach the end with the perfect time to score the highest, and there are "special event" sections that are individually timed.

Sounds intersting, we shall see how it goes!

Is it a timekeeper? Those are the funnest. Nothing like doing math when you can barely breathe.

They call it a Qualifer format, no timekeeping. But, I was also told to use masking tape on the tank, write down your start time (I guess they assume I have a watch) and at the end you can put your feet down near the finish line and wait for the right time. You get a point taken off for every second early or late. So, all I have to do is get there early and wait for the right time. Sounds sooooo easy. :rofl:

We also get to pick rows, Terra, Aaron and I are going to try and get the same row. Aaron is the fastest, but he doesn't have the stamina. Terra is the slowest, but she will never be winded.

Since I have had a few PMs about racing, i will keep posting up. All three of us are on row 30, the first of the C riders.... We will see how many people pass us. I think I am going to have the Helmet camera on. I doubt I will have any desire to edit the video, but it will be good to have it.

Back