• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cherokee 2/25

phm14

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
McCann
Leaving Mon. around 8am-all welcome:rider:

I notice on the web site there are some changes at the park. Apparently Lee has moved on and there is a new manager. There will be more trails and more marking being done. There will be a spectator fee of $5 now, and the big one is that it will only be open to the public Friday - Monday. The middle part of the week it will be members only. Something for you mid-week riders to keep in mind.

They do say if you are a group of 10 or more they will open the park for you mid-week.

Bike is ready-got some new armor and jetting to try out. What time you planning on getting there Sandman? I'll pm my cell #. Forecast is mostly sunny & 80 degrees:sun:

Cherokee 235?

Sorry - Couldn't resist.........

8513W.jpg

Me to - I sold my 1/4 share of the above 1964 Cherokee in 2000.

I had less invested in the plane than in my ST1300 - but the operating expenses were a bit higher :giveup:

Now I have a 600 mile a week commute :eek2:

I could make the trip in about 2 hours by air instead of 5 on the ground.

New to the site! I was planning on riding out there on monday as well. Just dont know what time I wil be headin over there!! It depends on my buddies work schedule. It would be cool to hook up and meet some of you guys!! always lookin for others to ride with!! Hopefully see you guys there, I will be on a CRF450X with a guy that dwarfs his WR426!!!

New to the site! I was planning on riding out there on monday as well. Just dont know what time I wil be headin over there!! It depends on my buddies work schedule. It would be cool to hook up and meet some of you guys!! always lookin for others to ride with!! Hopefully see you guys there, I will be on a CRF450X with a guy that dwarfs his WR426!!!

I should be there from 0930ish until dark, look for a green chevy p/u with a fat guy on a black ktm, or a black mazda/ skinny guy on a ktm 300.

Welcome & look forward to meeting you.

We will probably be the only people there, wanna meet up under the trees on the left side of the road past the house? The spot right past the kids track.

Noone, welcome to the site, KSTRS and TxSandman are some good folks to ride with. Wish I wasn't working tonight so I could join y'all. Oh well, maybe next time.

Noone, welcome to the site, KSTRS and TxSandman are some good folks to ride with. Wish I wasn't working tonight so I could join y'all. Oh well, maybe next time.

Thanks Tony, we'll get together sometime soon; Lookin forward to it!!

Great ride guys. Thanks again for showing me around out there. How 'bout a link to some vid when its up? I'm ready to go again:mrgreen:

What a blast. Pete, you got to ride all 8 loops your 1st time out! I 2nd the request for some helmet cam vid, we were hauling [mod edit] yesterday!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great day!! Could'nt ask for better weather!! I can't wat to go out there again. Lookin like my weekend plans have changed!! How's monday lookin for everyone?

It was a great day!! Could'nt ask for better weather!! I can't wat to go out there again. Lookin like my weekend plans have changed!! How's monday lookin for everyone?

I'd be up for next Mon.- no crowds. Maynbe SHNF this weekend? Let's hope the forecast improves, it's looking a bit sketchy at the moment.

Starting a new thread in aftermath section... Posting pics & footage there.

Back