• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Picking Up a NEW 2007 RED 1250 Bandit!!

Reaction score
Found a dealer that will sell me a New 2007 Red one for $7800 OTD!
Should be buying it this Thursday 2/21.

Any So Cal Banditos wanna' meet for a ride when it gets warmer and stops raining?? :rider:

TWO things I want to do after I get it......

1.Get a aftermarket Slip On to get rid if that HUGE can. (anyone have a used one in good condition For Sale??)

2.Get a Dark Smoke TALLER Windscreen

What are my options for both guys??

GREAT! cool, we all know you will like it.

maybe come spring, we can plan a so cal get together, maybe on some bike gathering weekend, or hangout place.

GREAT! cool, we all know you will like it.

maybe come spring, we can plan a so cal get together, maybe on some bike gathering weekend, or hangout place.

I still ride with a lot of the ZRX guys from the ZRXOA even though I sold my ZRX 1200 and bought a Triumph Sprint almost two years ago.

We have a big bash called "Desert INNsanity" Memorial Weekend in May and stay at the "Desert Inn" motel on Sierra Highway in Lancaster/Palmdale
We ride all over the place and we have a track day Memorial Monday at Willow Springs.

I'm leading a ride that Saturday May 24th up to Kernville via Caliente/Bodfish Rd. We'll ride the 155 and shoot over to Porterville and ride up the twisty 190, that road is AWESOME!! From there we'll ride down the Kernville Highway along the river to the 178 and back to the 395/14 back to Lancaster.
You can join us if you want, it's in your backyard!

i havnt been bodfish caliente in years, but sounds like i want to go. 178 is ticket bait.
yes my back yard. kinda cold up there now, but come summer nice place to ride, just watch out for the cows.
http://maps.live.com/ zoom into los angeles, and north of that is bakersfield, and to the right between bakersfield and lake isabella is the bodfish caliente hwy 178, running north south.

178 is ticket bait.

Really? You've seen a lot of cops there? I've never seen one and fly on there every time I go.......now I've seen a lot of Chippies on the 395 AND the 58 near Mojave!

Do you have any suggestions on a aftermarket Slip-On?? Do you know anyone who has a used one for sale?
Will a 1200 Slip-On for the older Bandits fit the 1250 pipe??

It's pretty cool that you guys use a Texas board to plan your So Cal stuff.

Oh, and SoCalBandit, congrats on the new bike! Be sure and post pics.

SoCalBandit: Look about halfway through the "Grip Tape - Fix for Stock Grips" thread and you'll see a very nice pictorial on how to post pictures by SuzukiJo. I started a "SuzukiJo" for president thread too - sorry Joe, I guess nobody agrees. You're my hero though. :clap:

Go with the best:

Yoshimura RS3 witch I have

and GIVI windscreen

Really? You've seen a lot of cops there? I've never seen one and fly on there every time I go.......now I've seen a lot of Chippies on the 395 AND the 58 near Mojave!

Do you have any suggestions on a aftermarket Slip-On?? Do you know anyone who has a used one for sale?

Here is an interesting thread on a slip-on. There is a youtube video with the sound bite for the Leo Vince. I was sold on it after viewing this plus it will work with Givi hardbags, not completely proven yet but I will have proof by 2/27/08 when my pipe is installed on my bike. You must register to view this website, its worth it so take the time to do so.

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,64171.0.html

I have had them all, yosh, old vance & hines and M4. I love a M4 exhaust but they won't make one for the 1250. Leo Vince has a big support program in WERA roadracing so I am happy to buy their product and they make a great pipe.

Good luck finding one they are very rare right now glad I got the one I got yesterday, lucky day it was:rider:

hi,4.7in.longer than stock with the angle it is on it may not be 4.7in.taller.:sun:

Here's some photos where you can see the difference.

32086983pc6.jpg

81343068pw1.jpg

93737374to4.jpg

31401857sd5.jpg

Same here, as I've ridden Hwy 178 from Bakersfield up to Lake Isabella, and out thru Walker past for over 30 years and have never gotten a ticket, or have I ever seen very many cops on that Hwy, and yes I am usually riding well above the posted speed limit on that Hwy. :rider:

SoCalBandit,
Where are you located in SoCal? I'm in Rancho Cucamonga, also have a red '07 and have the Powerbronze double bubble shield.

Well folks looks like I won't be getting the Bandit afterall.

The dealer said he couldn't finance me through the Suzuki promo deal becasue my income to debt ratio was too high...No "bad" credit just too much according to the banks.
They offered me some alternative financing but it was waaaay too much interest over the life of the loan. One deal was a total of $14,995 AFTER all the interest!!!

Anyway thanks for the replys and info and I may get a Bandit in the future.....I really like the 2007 and up version.

Check with some other dealers, I had a dealer basically do the same thing to me, 07 for $8000.00 otd but the interest was a ridiculous rate, I called another dealer 0n a 08 for $8869.00 otd I know more money but they said they could get me 8% or better after running my credit, We will see I am still waiting for the bike to come in, Good Luck!

Check with some other dealers, I had a dealer basically do the same thing to me, 07 for $8000.00 otd but the interest was a ridiculous rate, I called another dealer 0n a 08 for $8869.00 otd I know more money but they said they could get me 8% or better after running my credit, We will see I am still waiting for the bike to come in, Good Luck!
Dealer called me this morning and said he's working with another bank nearby and will know by this Monday.

Back