• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Garmin Quest Touratech/Ram Mount

wabbit

Reaction score
I finally got my mount for the quest. Here are some pictures:

http://cracked-egg.com/triumph/mount

I chose the touratech mount with the Ram arm. The touratech mount will mount directly to a handlebar crossbar if you have one. If not, you will need a ram mount.

The touratech mount is rubber isolated for vibration, and they make a double isolated one for you harley riders :mrgreen:

It features a lever to hold the quest securely in the mount, yet allow for very easy removal. They also make a locking mount to lock the quest to the bike, this costs extra.
Another feature I like about the mount is the little "finger" that supports the antennae on the quest. I couple of times when using it in the car a good bump in the road would cause the antennae to partially close.

When used with the ram mount it allows me to easily remove the entire mount from the bike if necessary and position the gps differently when using my tank bag. For normal riding I can keep the quest down behind the fly screen and still see my other gauges. When I have the tankbag on I can easily raise the quest up so I can still see it.

The downsides:
The touratech mount does include mounting points for external wires to power the quest from your bike, but does not include the wires. My guess is you would have to call Garmin to get the wires.
Also, I had to grind the mounting plate for the ram arm a little to make it fit the touratech mount. Once of the screws for the rubber isolation is in the way. No problem really unless you dont like grinding on brand new things.

The mount is about $140 when purchased with the Ram arm. It is pretty expensive, but it should hold up to anything I can through at it, and the rubber isolation will come in handy when I get a Tiger. Oh yes, I will get a tiger, eventually :mrgreen:

wabbit said:
The touratech mount does include mounting points for external wires to power the quest from your bike, but does not include the wires. My guess is you would have to call Garmin to get the wires.

Fry's carries Garmin GPS power/data wires

Great job on the install!!!

Back