• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Historic Hotel in the Big Bend area?

Reaction score
I read about one here and can't seem to find it. As I recall, the cast of a movie stayed there not too long ago. Idea?

I visited the Paisano Hotel a few years back and the fact that the cast of "Giant" stayed there is a source of great pride for them. Just walking through the lobby there are numerous photos that are hard to miss. If you walk into the lobby's wash room, you can see the exact spot that was used by James Dean, Rock Hudson, Dennis Hopper, Chill Wills, and probably Mercedes McCambridge!

BigBendXmas2004005-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Thes places all look interesting. I wonder if the other bathrooms look as "good" as the urinal that was pictured? <g>

There have been two movies recently filmed near Marfa: "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood." The latter being filmed almost entirely in and around there with the former being filmed only partially in the Marfa area. If you heard about a movie cast/crew staying there recently, it was probably one of those two. In addition to those movies, "Fandango" and "Sylvester" were also filmed near Marfa back in the mid-80's.
And honorable mention of one filmed in the '50's: "High Lonesome"'. Filmed on location and on my favorite road, Pinto Canyon Road.

Thanks guys. Thes places all look interesting. I wonder if the other bathrooms look as "good" as the urinal that was pictured? <g>
the tub-pot-basin? in the men's room (downstairs in the bar) at la kiva in terlingua, should definitely make it into this registry. eucalyptus plant and all... next time somebody's down there - i'll be there in a few months - take a pic and post it here. it's somethin' else.

jack b :-) in midland, tx usa

the tub-pot-basin? in the men's room (downstairs in the bar) at la kiva in terlingua, should definitely make it into this registry. eucalyptus plant and all... next time somebody's down there - i'll be there in a few months - take a pic and post it here. it's somethin' else.
I never have made it into there. La Kiva I mean. Not the men's room. That could change, I guess.

jack b :-) in midland, tx usa

P0002276.med.jpg

Back