• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More FI: PC vs Techlusion

Reaction score
My barren brain continues to ask questions as I dig into modding my ride.

I came across the techlusion systm
http://www.techlusion.com/ from Dobeck. It sure is cheaper ($169 vs almost $300 for the PC). It seems however, that here you do not download anything to it and it sorta adjusts the mix depending on conditions created by environment and config.

they also state that their system on enriches the mix and does not make it leaner than factory settings.

Any of you vatos have any experience or input on this one?

Gracias

I got the PC over the techclusion thing on the recommendation of my tuner (independent shop, Harley bike). Both work well, but the PC has more tools and much finer adjustments over every rpm range, not just low, mid and high range. Also the Dynojet dynos are designed to work with and talk to the PC's.

I have the TFI box on my VFR and I really like it. Beyond the obvious cost difference, it really does work. I agonized over this for weeks before I decided to go with the TFI. I called Techlusion and got to speak with the president of the company, Mark, who told that he used to own (and he designed) the Powercommander but he decided to sell that business off years ago. He then started a new company and designed the TFI. The big difference between the 2 is the PC is RPM based, whereas the TFI is load based. The TFI allows you to keep your stock fuel mapping, only adding fuel where needed. From my conversations with Mark, the PC is great for the track and the TFI is great for the street. My knowledge of the product cannot do it justice.

I stongly recommend that you call Mark and drill him with any questions you may have.

You should also consider the cost of setting up the box.

The PC is designed to interface with a Dynojet dyno. If the dyno operator has any training at all, the setup of the PowerCommander should be very strait forward which should reduce shop costs.

I don't know if the TFI box has similar capabilities. If it doesn't, then you'll need more time/dollars on the dyno to get things setup because you'll have to make a change then test, make another change then test...

Also, many dyno operators are be hesitant to work with a system they are not familiar with. That's one reason why the PC is so popular. It's sort of like the Windows vs. Mac or VHS vs Beta. One may be better, but the other has the momentum of the market.

Just a few thoughts.

Carl

Back