• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Carnuba Wax uses

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
My brother uses carnuba (Mothers pure) wax on his eyeglasses, which if you have bought a pair recently are made from a polycarbonate. I tried some on mine and it helps hide the scratches, not the deep gouges but the ones where you used a paper towel and got scratches from it.
Then I tried it on my Voyager windscreen, where before oncoming headlights where diffused and I had a hard time seeing at night. Worked so that oncoming headlights are not turning my wind screen into a large opaque wall. I can see through it in the dark. Just a tip for anyone that looks through a polycarbonate when riding.

Works on cloudy headlight lenses too!

ChryslerVanBefore_Afterbig_1_-397x600.jpg

Usually all those fancy kits are is some rubbing compound, polish, and then a good wax...

trey

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up.

The headlights on my wife's CR-V look like those in photo 1. I was going to purchase one of those expensive restore kits.

I already have some rubbing compound and carnuba wax.

Do you guys think that will work just as well?

The headlights on my wife's CR-V look like those in photo 1. I was going to purchase one of those expensive restore kits.

It is already broken so it can't hurt! May be easier if you have a electric buffer. But there is always the Karate Kid method.
:lol2:

You bet. I did it on my Nissan truck. The foggy look is the crud imbedded in the plastic lense of the light.

If they're really bad, get some extra fine grit sandpaper and wetsand them first. Use a damp cloth with the rubbing compound, then move on to the polish, and finally the wax. Should come out looking 1000X better...

trey

Back