PDA

View Full Version : Leo Vince slip-on and hard bags

Roy
02-28-2008, 10:18 PM
It works! no modification necessary. top of pipe tip is 3/8" from bottom of Givi V35 bag with Givi sideracks. No way will they touch. Pipe sounds outstanding! Very nice build quality, itlaian quality. bump stop for centerstand on the mid pipe just like stock and it comes with its own rubber stopper. No pics yet I barely had tiem to get it on and get my 1000 loaded for a trackday this weekend. Leaving out in the morning headed to Barber motorsports park. www.barbermotorsports.com $339 to the door from www.pipecity.com very happy with it nice mellow deep sound. With the optional baffle it is e3 legal for european useage. Mine is out thats the way I roll:rider:

pics maybe after sunday when I get back home.

Roy
03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
As required here pictures :mrgreen:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20Bandit%201250S/LeoVincepipe006.jpg

As you can see with the bags on plenty of room, 3/8"+/- to be exact.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20Bandit%201250S/LeoVincepipe004.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20Bandit%201250S/LeoVincepipe003.jpg

Huladog
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Does the bag get warm being that close? Just wondering if a bit of insulation might be useful?

Aloha,
Huladog

Roy
03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Does the bag get warm being that close? Just wondering if a bit of insulation might be useful?

Aloha,
Huladog

Nope, and the exit gasses are straight out the back. The can puts off no heat unless you reach down and touch it. It actually runs cooler than the stock can.

Brass
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Could you post a pic of the rear from a few feet back? I'm interested in seeing how much narrower the bike is now with the oval can.

bones
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
That looks very nice! Only thing making me want to go aftermarket is the size of the stock pipe.

Roy
03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Could you post a pic of the rear from a few feet back? I'm interested in seeing how much narrower the bike is now with the oval can.

It is alot narrower than stock almost looks out of proportion now with the sidebags. I will try and get a picture this evening.

Roy
03-04-2008, 12:02 PM
That looks very nice! Only thing making me want to go aftermarket is the size of the stock pipe.

That is one reason I ditched the OEM can plus you lose close to 10 lbs of weight which made a huge improvement in the handling of the bike. It is very quiet with the baffle in also but sounds great with it out. For the money it was a good deal for me. Took me a while getting used to the look after looking at that tree trunk that was there before.

one more tid bit you must lug the pair system up like all other slip-ons so it won't pop on decel, no big deal I pulled the line loose at the connector and stuffed electrical twister caps in each hose and used the OEM clamps to keep them there work great.

Brass
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
It is alot narrower than stock almost looks out of proportion now with the sidebags. I will try and get a picture this evening.

I'm making a set of lowered passenger peg brackets but having to clear the stock telephone pole means moving them out way too far.
Looking at the pic of your exhaust, it almost looks like the passenger peg would be able to move straight down without much clearance problems.

Roy
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm making a set of lowered passenger peg brackets but having to clear the stock telephone pole means moving them out way too far.
Looking at the pic of your exhaust, it almost looks like the passenger peg would be able to move straight down without much clearance problems.

Yea its in alot more than stock, I am still adjusting to the look. Proportion seemed off at 1st but that was due to looking at a 10" dia. muffler for almost a year. I might see if my camera will do a short video and get some sound of the pipe its very deep sounding. A friend told me the other day it sounded like a Hayabusa with it. Bandit Stroke is longer than a busa so there was the similarity. It sounds like a slow revver even more so now. Real deep coming off the bottom of the torque curve running through the gears. I'm diggin it alot.:rider:

I had one issue and it was due to the Givi brace that attaches to the same exhaust mount on the peg bracket. Supplied Bolt is now a bit too short so I am off to get a longer bolt today to keep the Givi brace spacer which I do not have in now and it throws the bag front out about 1/8". No big deal just a minor tweak or two.

Roy
03-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Brass here is a few more pics hope this helps. My camera is a ***.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20Bandit%201250S/LeoVincepipe009.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20Bandit%201250S/LeoVincepipe008.jpg

Brass
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, what a difference. You have to wonder why the factory ever put a stove pipe on a bike when they could have mounted something that size instead.
Looks great Roy, thanks for the pic

suzukijo
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow, what a difference. You have to wonder why the factory ever put a stove pipe on a bike when they could have mounted something that size instead.
Looks great Roy, thanks for the pic

one word, liability.
the muffler is part of the emissions, and sound requirements.
i am not sure how long the emissions warranty lasts, i'd have to look.
try having your aftermarket muffler replace yours after five years when its all burned out, loose at the fittings, and rotten from the inside out.
with a loud muffler the bike would not pass certification.
here in so cal, if your bike is equiped with a non approved muffler, and the cop wants to be one of those "zero tolerance" types, you get a ticket.
with that you pay, and have to have the chp check to see if its been fixed, (read, put your stocker back on).

so all you flatlanders out there rejoice.

enjoy it while you can, in a couple years when all the young idiots doing wheelies and riding stunts on public roads kill enough people, either themselves or others, and the general public gets their fill of it, politicians will gladly introduce laws outlawing most all of what makes motorcycling fun.

one of the first will be tampering with your stock exhaust.
wanna bet?

(i like cool pipes, like the leo vince)

Roy
03-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Jo you brought up a good point. The Leo came with various stickers to add to the pipe for different countries confirming it met e3 emissions as long as the baffle was IN. I did not add the sticker and I yanked the baffle out ASAP.:mrgreen: Down here in Mississippi there is NO emissions testing required for vehicles two or four wheel if it were 90% of our vehicles would not be allowed on the road. Buncha rednecks in these parts;-)

This pipe is in no way loud like some of the modern shorty race pipes. The cat does keep some noise in.

Roy
03-05-2008, 07:07 AM
One more thinn notice the decorative flange on the mounting bolt the Leo came with in the last pic. It is a machined piece of aluminum to cover the allen head of the mount bolt. I thought that was so cool, I know I am weird at times.:rider:

Also if you prefer not to add the SBK decal you can since the can came with it off. I added mine of course.

bones
03-05-2008, 07:43 AM
How does it attach to the stock piping? My V&H on my VFR is with springs and it rattles like crazy.

Roy
03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
How does it attach to the stock piping? My V&H on my VFR is with springs and it rattles like crazy.

Nice wide band clamp. I have it spun around so the allen bolt does not show. It is the same type clamp that my M4 and Yosh exhaust are held on by. Industry standard these days. It has one spring, connects can to midpipe but the sping is rubber wrapped which all good exhaust have these days.

bones
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Nice wide band clamp. I have it spun around so the allen bolt does not show. It is the same type clamp that my M4 and Yosh exhaust are held on by. Industry standard these days. It has one spring, connects can to midpipe but the sping is rubber wrapped which all good exhaust have these days.
Great! Anything need to be done with programing? I just want a lighter, better looking pipe. The fact that side cases work with it is a plus since I might add them down the road. This might be my next purchase before Alabama if the funds permit.

Roy
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Great! Anything need to be done with programing? I just want a lighter, better looking pipe. The fact that side cases work with it is a plus since I might add them down the road. This might be my next purchase before Alabama if the funds permit.

I doubt anything would need fiddling with. I already had the O2 bypass and re-mapped ECU with a yosh box. You will need to plug up the pair tube to stop the decel popping, thats it really.