• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sabine Pass Overnight Run 3/1

Reaction score
DaveG, Terraxpedition, his buddy on a klr650 and me met up in Sabine Pass yesterday. DaveG met me around 1pm and went to do some exploring...needless to say there arent too many roads off the beaten path or the beach there. 93DPS(mick) met up around 3 and we hit up clam lake road and went halfway down Mcfaddin Bch before it was time to meet up with the guys from Louisiana. As soon as those guys met us, the sun was under the horizon and so a lil night ridin was in store for us. We headed off West down the beach to grab a bite to eat in Crystal Bch. The riding was rough with my 17" sm wheels getting swallowed up by the deep sand at times leading to one slow speed get off (:doh: ). Fog/mist off the Gulf hurt visibility and we decided to hit the first restaurant we came across. After a late dinner we hit asphalt for the ride home through a chilly/foggy night and set up camp on the beach. The night was beautiful and fog lifted by the time we were ready to go to bed. After waking up, the klr650 started having problems. Scott and him decided to head home due to bike problems and DaveG headed out too. I headed out for one last run...and turned around about halfway since the weather was getting bad. Hope that KLR made it home...maybe scott can post up and update on how the ride home went, also Dave has some vids and pics he may post up...great meeting yall and it should be a fun weekend again next weekend in LA.

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

On the ride down.

IMG_0096.jpg

The night was fun.... the fog was crappy... food was crap. I wear glasses and the fog was so thick it misted over my glasses in about 2 minutes of riding. I eventually gave up on the glasses and rode without:eek2: ... Fog, no glasses and a bad headlight had me puckering and locking up to keep from hitting this....
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

After the ride back, and camp setup, we talked for a couple hours until the sea lulled us to sleep. I think we were all out in about 3 minutes after hitting the sack. I didnt hear any snoring, but either I was out or the sound of the waves overpowered it.
IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

[
The ride back, I definately was falling asleep... late night, boring roads... I stopped at the Suzuki bike dealership in Leesville, found a shady spot and took a 20 minute nap.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

KLR made it to just north of Port Arthur at the base of the Rainbow Bridge.... well... the sprocket is "well rounded" and a little bumpy... I sat w/ Heath for a little while, but because I was going to have to ride back, I took off at 1:00 and made it home by 5.

yall shoulda called, I coulda trailered him at least halfway to meet his dad. It should be a quick fix; from the symptoms that wouldnt have been in my top 5 guesses but from now on I'll remember to check that out. well in any case those are some cool pics...that one with the flower is definitely a keeper.

yall shoulda called, I coulda trailered him at least halfway to meet his dad. It should be a quick fix; from the symptoms that wouldnt have been in my top 5 guesses but from now on I'll remember to check that out. well in any case those are some cool pics...that one with the flower is definitely a keeper.

Yeah... check your voicemail dude.... :trust: :lol2:

that sucks for heath ,,but what really sucks is you guys were 5 minutes from my house coulda hooked you up with a sprocket and sent you on your way.might be a good idea to get a phone list of folks from some of the areas we ride just in case something like this happens.i guess that was you guys i passed on the south side of the intercoastal bridge?

that sucks for heath ,,but what really sucks is you guys were 5 minutes from my house coulda hooked you up with a sprocket and sent you on your way.might be a good idea to get a phone list of folks from some of the areas we ride just in case something like this happens.i guess that was you guys i passed on the south side of the intercoastal bridge?

Sure was. I was trying to get hold of Dave or Mr. Taco.... but they were to busy riding... having fun... while we tried to flag down unfriendly Texas drivers! :giveup: And we had about 50 motorcycles pass with no one stopping to ask if we needed help....:argh:

Sure was. I was trying to get hold of Dave or Mr. Taco.... but they were to busy riding... having fun... while we tried to flag down unfriendly Texas drivers! :giveup: And we had about 50 motorcycles pass with no one stopping to ask if we needed help....:argh:

****...I just realized that you called earlier. My phone died Sat. before yall even arrived to the beach and I dont have a car charger or inverter in my truck. It wasnt charged until after I got back home this afternoon well after 2-3. Man, I'm really sorry about that.

****...I just realized that you called earlier. My phone died Sat. before yall even arrived to the beach and I dont have a car charger or inverter in my truck. It wasnt charged until after I got back home this afternoon well after 2-3. Man, I'm really sorry about that.

Its all good. I never charge my phone... my wife has to do it...;-)

Its coming!!!! Give me some time. Video editing is real work! :giveup:

actually, I just haven't been home much in the past few days and haven't connected the camera yet. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll have something up.

Back