• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Selling my Bandit 1250

Dunno, I got it for $100. Where are you located? $80 - shipping? So if it costs $10 to ship, how about $70?

Why are you selling the Bandit? :confused:

The Bandit is a great standard model bike. Good power, smooth, nice lines, comfy. It just isn't the show stopper I thought it would be. It is probably the best standard model you can buy (standard meaning upright). But as a standard model, there is too much wind in my face, even with the new windscreen, and just not enough hootzpa for me.

I will probably be looking at ZX14 or a Hayabusa.

...just not enough hootzpa for me. I will probably be looking at ZX14 or a Hayabusa.

You thought a Bandit 1250 would be comparable in performance to a ZX14 or Hayabusa? Please be wise, whatever you decide. After posting your 'redline' thread, you seem awefully inexperienced to be tooling around on a 1400-cc rocket sled, especially if you're just trying to keep up with buddies who ride faster bikes.

Not trying to offend, just concerned. Good luck and be blessed. :thumb:

You thought a Bandit 1250 would be comparable in performance to a ZX14 or Hayabusa? Please be wise, whatever you decide. After posting your 'redline' thread, you seem awefully inexperienced to be tooling around on a 1400-cc rocket sled, especially if you're just trying to keep up with buddies who ride faster bikes.

Not trying to offend, just concerned. Good luck and be blessed. :thumb:

Thanks. You're right. Each new generation of superbike has more surprizes than the last. I agree that more power is always something to be careful of. It only takes one moment to "prove your manhood" to end up wrapped around a telephone pole.

I have actually been riding for 20 years, just my other bikes I've had were a 1985 FJ1200 and 1986 GS1150, and I don't even know if the FJ1200 or GS1150 had redline limiters in the 80's. I've also had a 2005 R1 and a 2006 CBR1000, it's just I never made it to redline on any of my previous bikes. I never needed to!

I hit the redline on the Bandit in only 4 months of ownership.

Now that I think about it I did hit redline on the R1 once, but it was ungoverened and I don't rememeber if it was truely redlined. The R1 was nuts in power, but too short a wheelbase to keep the front wheel down.

I went to test drive a Hayabusa and ZX14 at lunch today, but time was too short. Monday I will go again at lunch.

JM

I have actually been riding for 20 years, just my other bikes I've had were a 1985 FJ1200 and 1986 GS1150, and I don't even know if the FJ1200 or GS1150 had redline limiters in the 80's.

Roger that. :thumb: Be sure to post pics of whatever you end up with next.

I don't even know if the FJ1200 or GS1150 had redline limiters in the 80's.
yes, both did.

not many places around here to open up a busa, but the magazines seem to find/use one of them, when they do tests.

it sounds like you know what you want, i considered a busa before buying the bandit also.

You may want to consider the new Concourse. It was on my short list of bikes to consider but didn't hit the market until after I bought my Bandit.
They have all the benefits of the ZX14 but (I think) in a more user friendly package, detachable luggage, and maintenance free shaft drive with little to no "jacking" effect.

In the end you have to be happy and comfortable with the bike you ride, no matter what make or model it is.

I actually did consider the Concours, but now it's off the list. The ride hieght is part of why I am going to go back to the sportbike.

I tried a standard, didn't like it, back to sportsbikes...

UPDATE: Ok, I am definately selling teh Bandit. Great bike, just not exactly what I wanted. I am picking up a ZX-14 in about 40 minutes.

So, if you want the fairings, $400 + shipping. john@mccarthy.net or 858 309 2719

If you want the windscreen, 80 - shipping? So if it costs $10 to ship, how about $70?

If you want the Bandit, $7200. 3500 miles. Is that too much? should I ask $7000?

john@mccarthy.net
858 309 2719

Also 1997 VFR for sale. Great shape, San Diego area.

blue?

img2554dw1.jpg

Too bad i can't buy it for my wife!! If you ever get this far north, look me up for some twistys :rider: ,
Wally

Back