PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a new battery

wczimmerman
01-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I need to buy a new battery for Jen's GS since it has a non maintenance free battery in it now and I want a new one for the CO rally coming later this year. I'm thinking about one of those gell cell batteries, but I'm open to all ideas. What say y'all?

Bagwell
01-22-2005, 07:30 PM
I need to buy a new battery for Jen's GS since it has a non maintenance free battery in it now and I want a new one for the CO rally coming later this year. I'm thinking about one of those gell cell batteries, but I'm open to all ideas. What say y'all?

I feel like there is no substitute for a Yuasa. I think there are some made by Yuasa for one of the after market places, but I dont remember what the brand is. Yuasa batteries have always treated me right. I would recommend also to get a battery maintainer, they do wonders for keeping it topped off all the time.

Just my opinion,
Vaughn

cmartin
01-22-2005, 10:42 PM
[quote=wczimmerman]I need to buy a new battery for Jen's GS since it has a non maintenance free battery in it now and I want a new one for the CO rally coming later this year. I'm thinking about one of those gell cell batteries, but I'm open to all ideas. What say y'all?

I put one of the Odyssey (PC-680) batteries in my Adventure.
I am very happy with it.
Bought it off of EBay $67.00 delivered to your door.

The bike can sit for over 6 weeks and it cranks right up.