• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Back on crutches

Reaction score
First Name
James
Last Name
Pritchard
As of Monday, I've been back on crutches, DR. said the bone isn't healing fast enough. If crutches + bone growth stimulator don't work, it'll be time for surgery with a bone graft.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried and pissed off.

Please just keep me in your thoughts. I go back to the doctor in a month.

Hope you get to healing now. Look at the bright side at least on crutches you are able to move faster than me with my walker!

Yikes. Hopefully the crutches and bone stimulator will help.
Prayers sent.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the crutches and stimulator will work and you won't have to consider the surgery.

Sorry to hear that, I can't wait to get off the crutches myself. Your anger is totally understandable, I would be so pissed if that happened to me I could probably hurt the doc really bad with the crutches, even if it's not his fault... LOL. Here's hoping for a quick recovery and that once more you get out of those evil things!!

How long has it been since the initial break? Wasn't it sometime last fall? Odd that the bone won't heal after such a long time... :scratch: Doc give any explanation for why?

As of Monday, I've been back on crutches, DR. said the bone isn't healing fast enough. If crutches + bone growth stimulator don't work, it'll be time for surgery with a bone graft.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried and pissed off.

Please just keep me in your thoughts. I go back to the doctor in a month.

Just a crazy thought...I know that using a decompression chambers w/pure oxygen up to 40 feet (beyond it is toxic) has proven to show very promising results in helping bone heals very quick in addition to burn victims. I believe the O2 under pressure such as in a dive chamber accelerates the healing process.

I don't know if this is an option or if even insurance would pay for this.

RB

Are you talking about a hypobaric chamber? or is this something different?

Yeah, it is a chamber like divers use for decompression after long deep dives. I've also seen many references to using pure oxygen in them to accelerate healing. I don't know much about it beyond what I just wrote though ;-) You might google a bit and find plenty of stuff. Regardless, I hope you heal soon and make a full recovery.

hey where were you last night? I thought you were going to make the meet and greet!
SRAD
PS hope the legs gets better! If not can I have your bike?

OK not funny I was just kidding!:clap:

Carl, anything is for sale for the right price. lol

I was in Stanton Thursday night other wise I would have been there in the Mustang.

How'd it go out there anyway?

Thanks y'all

Back