PDA

View Full Version : Any Silver Bandits ?

whitesands
03-10-2008, 03:59 AM
Has anyone purchased a silver bandit yet ? Can't seem to find any at the dealerships..

How about a pic of those silver Bandits!

RDKR 350
03-10-2008, 06:46 AM
One Silver Bandit in Europe.

RDKR 350
03-10-2008, 07:05 AM
One other picture

Brass
03-10-2008, 08:17 AM
There are a few sitting in dealerships up here. I wish now I had waited a bit longer before buying, the silver is a much easier color to live with than black.

whitesands
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
There are a few sitting in dealerships up here. I wish now I had waited a bit longer before buying, the silver is a much easier color to live with than black.

I like the black too, what is it about black that makes you desire to have waited for the silver ?

suzukijo
03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
choosing between blue, black and red, black is a beautiful color. after a few months it looks like you had a kid wash it with scotch brite.
black is a very hard color to make look nice.

certainly it does look nice, just after detailing, but it quickly shows water spots, scratches, swirl marks, spiderwebs, and on and on.

did the wheels come with the outer edge not painted on the silver one?

rworm
03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
choosing between blue, black and red, black is a beautiful color. after a few months it looks like you had a kid wash it with scotch brite.
black is a very hard color to make look nice.

certainly it does look nice, just after detailing, but it quickly shows water spots, scratches, swirl marks, spiderwebs, and on and on.

NO.
rworm:sun:

suzukijo
03-10-2008, 08:07 PM
it looks like rdkr 350 did his, we all knew you did yours, worm.

it might be something i might do. hows the bugs?

get it? worm, bugs. ok ok just kidding.

just spent some time getting mine off, what a chore.

rworm
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
it looks like rdkr 350 did his, we all knew you did yours, worm.

it might be something i might do. hows the bugs?

get it? worm, bugs. ok ok just kidding.

just spent some time getting mine off, what a chore.
Gettin me off...........RIGHT:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
rworm

Marc B
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Woods fun center, Austin, Had one on the floor last week!

whitesands
03-11-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm surprised there's not more folks with silver bandits.

RDKR 350
03-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by suzukijo

in your country and mine is the same : black wheels.

Brass
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM
I like the black too, what is it about black that makes you desire to have waited for the silver ?

As others have said, black is a beautiful color when it has been freshly washed and polished but it's very unforgiving. It shows every flaw and spec of dust. Silver shows up less dirt. Just look at any black bike with a silver motor. You'll see dirt and dust everywhere on the black but hardly anything on the silver.
I've owned a few bikes over the years and the silver or pewter colored ones always seemed to stay clean longer. Black bikes look great in the showroom though.

suzukijo
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm surprised there's not more folks with silver bandits.

silver is a new color for '08. not available last year, nor with ABS this year.

rworm
03-12-2008, 07:44 PM
As others have said, black is a beautiful color when it has been freshly washed and polished but it's very unforgiving. It shows every flaw and spec of dust. Silver shows up less dirt. Just look at any black bike with a silver motor. You'll see dirt and dust everywhere on the black but hardly anything on the silver.
I've owned a few bikes over the years and the silver or pewter colored ones always seemed to stay clean longer. Black bikes look great in the showroom though.

My 02 was silver/Like black better
rworm

Brass
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
silver is a new color for '08. not available last year, nor with ABS this year.

The Canadian silver version is ABS equiped. Acutually we can't get it without ABS.

suzukijo
03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
i keep forgetting, when i talk about GSF1250 bandit for american market, there will always be someone to speak up that in a different market, in a different year, in a different universe, someone had what i am saying that we could not buy where i live.

sorry bout that. and i thought this was a bandit forum. silly me.

Marc B
03-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Woods fun center, Austin, Had one on the floor last week!

Its still there! saw it while making a delivery today....nice.

maverick1250
03-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi guys,

I have a Silver/grey ABS model. In Australia the ABS model is only available in silver/grey and the non-ABS are available in dark blue or black.

Geoff :rider:

whitesands
03-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Here's my new silver Bandit....Picked it up with 0 miles...

RDKR 350
03-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Congratulations for your good choice Whitesands :clap: :clap: :clap:
RDKR 350