• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any Silver Bandits ?

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a silver bandit yet ? Can't seem to find any at the dealerships..

How about a pic of those silver Bandits!

One Silver Bandit in Europe.

Attachments

• GSF 1250 05.03.2008 (6)b.JPG
    GSF 1250 05.03.2008 (6)b.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 215
There are a few sitting in dealerships up here. I wish now I had waited a bit longer before buying, the silver is a much easier color to live with than black.

There are a few sitting in dealerships up here. I wish now I had waited a bit longer before buying, the silver is a much easier color to live with than black.

I like the black too, what is it about black that makes you desire to have waited for the silver ?

choosing between blue, black and red, black is a beautiful color. after a few months it looks like you had a kid wash it with scotch brite.
black is a very hard color to make look nice.

certainly it does look nice, just after detailing, but it quickly shows water spots, scratches, swirl marks, spiderwebs, and on and on.

did the wheels come with the outer edge not painted on the silver one?

choosing between blue, black and red, black is a beautiful color. after a few months it looks like you had a kid wash it with scotch brite.
black is a very hard color to make look nice.

certainly it does look nice, just after detailing, but it quickly shows water spots, scratches, swirl marks, spiderwebs, and on and on.

NO.
rworm:sun:

it looks like rdkr 350 did his, we all knew you did yours, worm.

it might be something i might do. hows the bugs?

get it? worm, bugs. ok ok just kidding.

just spent some time getting mine off, what a chore.

Originally Posted by suzukijo
HTML:

in your country and mine is the same : black wheels.

I like the black too, what is it about black that makes you desire to have waited for the silver ?

As others have said, black is a beautiful color when it has been freshly washed and polished but it's very unforgiving. It shows every flaw and spec of dust. Silver shows up less dirt. Just look at any black bike with a silver motor. You'll see dirt and dust everywhere on the black but hardly anything on the silver.
I've owned a few bikes over the years and the silver or pewter colored ones always seemed to stay clean longer. Black bikes look great in the showroom though.

As others have said, black is a beautiful color when it has been freshly washed and polished but it's very unforgiving. It shows every flaw and spec of dust. Silver shows up less dirt. Just look at any black bike with a silver motor. You'll see dirt and dust everywhere on the black but hardly anything on the silver.
I've owned a few bikes over the years and the silver or pewter colored ones always seemed to stay clean longer. Black bikes look great in the showroom though.

My 02 was silver/Like black better
rworm

i keep forgetting, when i talk about GSF1250 bandit for american market, there will always be someone to speak up that in a different market, in a different year, in a different universe, someone had what i am saying that we could not buy where i live.

sorry bout that. and i thought this was a bandit forum. silly me.

Here's my new silver Bandit....Picked it up with 0 miles...

Attachments

• DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 197
Back