• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CCP on Sunday, March 30th

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Miller
I'm planing on meeting Clark(TxSandman) out at Cherokee Cycle Park this coming Sunday... if anyone would like to join us, please post up so we can keep an eye out for ya.

I'll be there from 9am-ish til close to dark.

In a white Ford F-150 supercrew, riding a Yamaha yz250f with number plate D13.

Already had 2 weekends in a row there. Wife's b-day that weekend too.

The next weekend is a "open to the public" day at Crooked Creek. I'm thinking that'll be my next ride, if anyone is interested...not to hijack the thread.:mrgreen:

The only thing that sux about dirt biking is the amount of money spent on gas to get to these places.:argh:

I will be there probably from fri-sun.
I'm also looking for someone who could possably tow a small trailer(coleman pop-up) out there friday or saturday for me,one way is all I need.

If I have my bike back together in time, I might be able to make it. Been wanting to try Cherokee for a while now.

Pete

I would like to go, but would really like to travel with someone else. Split the price of gas. I'm in Spring.

I would like to go, but would really like to travel with someone else. Split the price of gas. I'm in Spring.

I'd take you up on that, Steve, but we've got company planned again this weekend. I'm posting to see if anyone's interested in SHNF tomorrow. Have fun guys, & keep the rubber side down:rider:

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm available to ride Steve. You have the truck and I only have the ability to carry one bike. SHNF will be my next ride...Probably be April 5 or 6.

Looks like sat-sun for me, and Ken seems to think he will make it. Pete & David, I hope you can make it out, it's been awhile!

So your bike is rideable now, Ken?

Not quite; The biggie is resolved but I have a few maint. issues to finish up should be done tomorrow afternoon. Since I missed the last couple I'll be there sat & sun.

looks like i will make it sun. my wife wants to go too!! her xr has been sitting way too long! c u guys there.

Rollcall please:

Firemalt(Tim) - Yes
TxSandman(Clark) - Yes
NoOne(?) - Yes
kstrs(Ken) - Yes

Pete(Pete) - unconfirmed
Stephen Porter(Stephen) - unconfirmed

X1Glider(Bob) - No
pmh14(Pete) - No

Ya'll better be ready to ride... I'm going to drink 5 cups of coffee on the way up, and have Redbull in my camelbak!!!

Rollcall please:

Firemalt(Tim) - Yes
TxSandman(Clark) - Yes
NoOne(David) - Yes
kstrs(Ken) - Yes

Pete(Pete) - unconfirmed
Stephen Porter(Stephen) - unconfirmed

X1Glider(Bob) - No
pmh14(Pete) - No

Ya'll better be ready to ride... I'm going to drink 5 cups of coffee on the way up, and have Redbull in my camelbak!!!

Hope your going NASA & wearing depends too so you wont be hitting potty breaks every ten min, with Clark around your bound to get roosted.

Rollcall please:

Pete(Pete) - unconfirmed

I'm out. :( Just got my forks and shock back from Factory Connection, but I'm still waiting on new triple clamps (for reduced offset). They should be here on Monday, so I don't want to mount up the forks just to pull them back down next week.

I have a second bike (CRF450R) but I just got a new top-end and haven't broken it in yet.

Next time...

CCP... here I come! Just wanted to check the board to see if anyone cancelled before I left.

My day @ CCP didn't go so well... On our first outing, I slammed into a tree, and ripped apart the left radiator. I had to push my bike out of the trail, luckily Clark found a shortcut, and it was only about 200 yards or so... nevertheless, it was a *****!

My barkbuster saved my hand from beinf completely crush by the tree...

I've already taken off all the damaged parts, so now I just need to find a left radiator and sroud by Saturday!!!

I'll post some pics later tonight, and Ken will hopfully post some video of the run-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim.... I told you if you had those 5 cups of coffee and all that Red Bull you would be bouncing off the trees............. You should have listened!

All joking aside, glad to hear you made it thru ok and the bark buster worked.

Bark busters rule! Glad you're ok Tim. Are you not using radiator braces?

Back