• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tourmaster pants for short inseam

C

cruisin

A while back I ran across information that Tourmaster was offering some of their pants in various inseam lengths. That got my attention as I typically have to buy custom made like Motoport which is very expensive or have other brands altered, which is expensive. I recently ordered a pair of the mesh pants from Tourmaster and even though the shortest length with my waist size isn't quite right, it is far better than the other brands where their "one size fits all" version is typically about 8" too long for me (27" inseam). I think I could easily cut these off about 2" and they would be perfect. But for 2", I may just live with the less than perfect fit. It is so much better than any other off the shelf fit that I have had I am very pleased.

One really impressive thing about the Tourmaster deal is that when I ordered from their website, I accidentally scrolled to the wrong style pant and ordered one that did not come in shorter length. I E-mailed the service center and explained the problem asking what we could do to correct MY screw-up. They sent me a return authorization number and within two weeks, I had the correct pants at my door. All the error cost me was my shipping costs back to them. Tourmaster gets :thumb: :thumb: from me for both quality of their product, and their outstanding customer service.

So, for those of you seeking a reputable company to buy shorter inseam riding pants, take a look at Tourmaster. Their off the shelf prices are about half what you will pay for custom made Motoports. I'm hoping they may soon offer jackets in shorter sleeve lengths or at least some that are easier to alter then what is offered now. When I bought my first textile gear back in the fall of 2000, I bought new Tourmaster jacket and pants. I subsequently took them to a shop to have altered to fit. Cost; $100 per piece; that had them costing just as much as custom made stuff. I know better now. ;-)

If enough folks needing shorter pants and shorter sleeves on jackets make enough noise, maybe Tourmaster and other companies will eventually listen. These new offerings on pants are a step in the right direction. :clap:

FWIW... Joe Rocket and FirstGear have short inseam pants as well. DAMHIKT :trust:

http://www.newenough.com/browse/advanced_search

I wonder why they do not advertise that. I had been doing searches for months when I stumbled onto the Tormaster information. I even called the folks at New Enough and they said they weren't aware of any short inseam pants. I'm hoping companies will keep this trend going so the vertically challenged can have as many off the shelf options on gear as the "average-joe" buyers.

btw; thanks for the additional information.

FWIW... Joe Rocket and FirstGear have short inseam pants as well. DAMHIKT :trust:

FYI, so does RevIt. Also, Olympia constructs the hem of their pants in such a way that it is relatively easy to modify. A minor alteration charge at just about any tailor can have Olympia pants shortened by 3-4 inches.

Back