• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Phil "StoneTriple" Payne - Houston

S

StoneTriple

32 years in the saddle and I still learn something every time I go out.
I can't imagine doing anything else.

The girls:

'02 Stone

'95 Speed Triple

[IMG tags changed to URL tags because images wider than 500 pix - Admin]

Sleepy Weasel said:
... I can't decide which bike I like best.
:-D

Thanks, man. Neither can I.
Truthfully, I have never been happier bike-wise. So much so, that when I see new bikes in magazines or when people ride up on them on ride nights - I don't wonder what it would be like to have them or start to come up with ways I could afford it or what I would have to get rid of to get it. I appreciate new or different bikes and I'm interested in seeing a fellow rider's new machine, but I don't lust after them anymore. A 10 year old Triumph and a 4 year old Guzzi have me covered.
The girls do all I could possibly want a bike to do - weekend rides(either), hooliganism(Triumph), sport-touring(Guzzi), trackdays(Triumph), commuting(either), etc. :chug:

Good to have you and the girls over here, Phil! 8-)

How are things on the CW forum? Haven't visited there in a while.

scratch said:
Good to have you and the girls over here, Phil! 8-)

To put it nicely, crappy.

It's nothing but a bickering flamefest. And even though I love a good flamewar, it's not even funny anymore. Same things from the same people over and over again. :angryfir:

jeffie foo-foo said:
To put it nicely, crappy.

It's nothing but a bickering flamefest. And even though I love a good flamewar, it's not even funny anymore. Same things from the same people over and over again. :angryfir:

That's too bad. Can't say that I'm surprised, though. :-|

scratch said:

It's trash now. Two guys in particular keep stalking people around the board and ruining every thread and absolutely basking in their ability to upset people. They live for it and the mods have done absolutely nothing. Nearly every single worthwhile member has migrated over to another board where those two guys aren't allowed. My last post was October or November of last year. I'll most likely never post there again.

JadeRider said:
Welcome aboard

Great looking triple 8-)

Thanks. I almost foolishly let go of her a few months ago. I eventually came to my senses.

Bring the Triple to Mings on Thurs. Would like to see it up front and personal. Not supposed to rain, so I can bring the Beemer (won't have to wash and press it :lol: ). Look forward to meeting you.

Ooooh, there is just something too cool about the 1st gen S3's, especially the "lucifer orange"! :twisted:

gotdurt said:
Ooooh, there is just something too cool about the 1st gen S3's, especially the "lucifer orange"! :twisted:

I really dig the bike. She's heavy and has her own opinion on how things should be done, but she can still hold her own these days. By the way, Lucifer Orange was from '97 on. In '95 and '96 it was Fireball Orange. Lucifer isn't as harsh and it's metallic.

StoneTriple said:
gotdurt said:

I really dig the bike. She's heavy and has her own opinion on how things should be done, but she can still hold her own these days. By the way, Lucifer Orange was from '97 on. In '95 and '96 it was Fireball Orange. Lucifer isn't as harsh and it's metallic.

My bad, thought I read somewhere that it was the only orange, don't think I've ever seen the 2nd gen orange. Either way, I like the orange....

Your motorcycles are beautiful!

I'm favoring the seductive Stone at the moment.

Welcome!

gotdurt said:
don't think I've ever seen the 2nd gen orange.

I only ever remember seeing it on bikes at the dealers. Must not have been very popular.

thestudent said:
I'm favoring the seductive Stone at the moment.

Thanks.
To me, the Stone is the quintessential Italian roadster. It's really nothing more than an 80s LeMans with handlebars, a bigger tank, and a slightly longer wheelbase. She's been an awesome long distance \ sport touring bike.

Back