• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Wed. 4/2

phm14

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
McCann
Hey Guys,
It's looking like the forest may be staying open as of now. I know most of these short notice, mid-week rides will wind up being solo, but I'll post them just in case. Always best to ride with a bud when you can, especially in my case ;-) :flip: I'll post this on TT as well.

Up for a night ride that date? I can do that! Got dual HID helmet lights and a 90 watter in the front plate. I can be there by 6 pm.

Up for a night ride that date? I can do that! Got dual HID helmet lights and a 90 watter in the front plate. I can be there by 6 pm.

Bob, that does sound like fun. Only night riding I've done was on a MTB. Pretty sure I can mount my helmet light on my visor. It's tempting, but I'm pretty sure I'll be worn out and hungry by 6. It's an even better option when the temps go up, and that won't be long. I could probably use a bit more seat time 1st, seeing as I came off the bike 5 or 6 times in the daylight last time I was out there. I'll be @ Kellys Pond around 10am if you can make that:rider:

So I finally score some weekends off and now Pete comes along and wants to ride on weds. I sure wish I could...

So I finally score some weekends off and now Pete comes along and wants to ride on weds. I sure wish I could...

If you get some weekday time, we'll go for sure. In the mean time, the more seat time I get, the closer I'll be to keeping up;-) Hotline says the trails are open, and I'm off to get some:rider:

Work, work, work....work, work, work....pbbbbbttttthhhhh. Work, work, work.... %^#*@&#&$#&!!!! Work, work, work....

Pete... keep posting the dates up that you plan to ride. With working for the fire dept., I typically have atleast one weekday off, and wouldn't mind some extra seat time.

I've been working in Houston at least 4-5 days a month. I keep saying to myself that I'm going to take my bike and ride the forest.

If you can give me at least a weeks notice, I'll meet you out there.

Cheers!

Are you talking about a ride during the week or on a weekend?

Pete... keep posting the dates up that you plan to ride. With working for the fire dept., I typically have atleast one weekday off, and wouldn't mind some extra seat time.

I've been working in Houston at least 4-5 days a month. I keep saying to myself that I'm going to take my bike and ride the forest.

If you can give me at least a weeks notice, I'll meet you out there.

Cheers!

That'd be great, Guys. Maybe we could set up one or two days a week to meet up. Thurdays aren't great for me, but I can make one occaisionally. I saw one other rider out there named Andrew on a red 450. We went for a short run, as he was finishing up. He may show for some weekday rides as well.
I rode north from Kellys Pond, found Andrew in the parking area up there and he pointed out a good far north loop from there-not on the maps I have. Dirt is probably close to ideal now where I rode, not too dry or wet. 42 miles logged on the GPS. Overall a good day, no rain up there. 4-5 get offs (not as bad as last time). Nearly impailed myself on a small tree that was bent down into the trail. Fortunately it snapped before it jousted me off the bike. How about next Tues.?:rider:

Hmmm...if it's a decent showing one of those days, maybe I'll have to call in sick. Cough, cough!

What's up with weekends. Does everyone work Sataudays and Sundays or something?

Hmmm...if it's a decent showing one of those days, maybe I'll have to call in sick. Cough, cough!

What's up with weekends. Does everyone work Sataudays and Sundays or something?

In my case, its usually family stuff. Our daughter visits every other weekend. This Sunday I'm taking the wife mountain biking near Smithville. Shooting match 2nd Sat. of each month (if the daughters not here). We're looking for a new house & I have a list as long as my arm of to dos to get our current house ready for sale/lease, ect., ect. Fortunately, I have a flexable work schedule. I really like avoiding weekend crowds, too;-)

Got it.

Forgot you were working on moving to the hood on the southside, Pete. :mrgreen:

Been about 8 or 9 years since I rode in Smithville. Last ride was a 24 hour team endurance. Absolutely brutal. I was on the downslide of my fitness then. I've slid even further since.:giveup:

I used to like Bluff Creek in Warda too. I enjoyed them better than anyplace in Austin.

How about next Tues.?:rider:

I may be able to make this Tues, but I need to see how I feel after this weekend with a STORM practice on Sat, and then a race on Sun. And then Mon I'm working at the fire academy for 10 1/2 hours doing live burns=exhausted!!!

I may have to get back with you on that on Sun or Mon.

Back