• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Friend of my Dad needs prayers

Reaction score
I found out a few days ago that a close friend of my Dad's has just lost the use of his legs.

His name is Brian and he lives in Asheville, NC. He had just retired and had gone into the doctor for a cortisone (sp?) shot in his back for pain. Something went terribly wrong and, as a result of the shot, he is now paralyzed for the rest of his life from the waist down.

If there is a silver lining, they originally thought that he would be paralyzed from the neck down but he improved within 24 hours to where he has regained use of his arms.

I have known Brian all of my 38 years and he and his family are like kin to me. This is especially devestating because his passion is playing golf - something that he will never be able to do again.

Life can change in an instant and my family and his thank you for your thoughts and prayers for strength in this time of transition.

Wow, that is really tough. My thoughts and prayers for him and the family.

Good grief. Hope he does better.

Back