• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need Homebrew CB Headset Help

Reaction score
I am trying to install a Uniden Pro510Xl CB radio on my bike.

My plan is to have a speaker mounted next to my ear in my helmet, an electret microphone mounted in my helmet in front of my mouth, and a momentary push-to-talk switch mounted on my handelbar.

I found this diagram describing the plug layout for this radio…

4pinmidland.gif

Would someone please explain which of these... TX-RX-Audio-Shield ...should be connected during the transmit state, and which during the receive state?

I think I could figure out how to wire this thing together if I knew that.

Any help appreciated!!!

TX = Transmit and RX = receive. Is that what you are looking for? If not, I know just the guy to call. He installs our radio equipment/GPS and mobile data terminals.

It's been a while since I messed with intercoms but RX should go to the speaker, transmit should go to the mic and audio goes to the speakers as well. The reason for different audio and receive is that some models of intercoms used only one speaker for the intercom, but both for the audio.

Carl

Back