• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

This is why we ride

Reaction score
well Vatos

I took that two day raod trip to Seguin and Wimberly this weekend (report in the works) and while Saturday was quite pleasant, I left Wimberly at 9 am on Sunday, with drizzle, rain and temps in the 40s. Based on a windchill calculator if I would have been travelling 80 mph*which I never, ever did :lol:) it would have felt like 27F. For 200 miles. Man, piece of cake and my butt never hurt either.

So while I am riding this guy in a Corvette passed me and I get to thinking, This is why we ride. How many guys do you know can brag for having taken a 200 mile trip in the rain in a Corvette? Ha. How many guys can say, Man my butt is so sore, I drove the vette from here to Wimberly.

So, sorry for all the cagers on the road. This is why we drive :chug:

Like the shirt says "Those who dance are considered insane by those who do not hear the music"

You hear music when you ride? :scratch All I hear is, "Zoom... zoom... zoom... yeah yeah yeah...." over and over and over...

Tourmeister said:
You hear music when you ride? :scratch All I hear is, "Zoom... zoom... zoom... yeah yeah yeah...." over and over and over...

I hear a Korean ska band in my gulliver. :shock:

I hear various songs that get stuck in my head. Most recently it was "Never Say Never" by Romeo Void. :roll: Last week it was "Planet Claire" - B-52's and before that it was "Heart Shaped Box" by Nirvana

OOH OOH. i rode out to wimberly yesterday. rain suit worked like a champ. [as soon as i put it on, it stopped raining!].
it has to have been discussed already but there is a loop from fisher store road to cottonwood road to valley view to burnett ranch to 2234534323? cant remember the number but it goes to back to the fisher store rd and eventually into wimberly.
really wanted to just do the fisher store rd, but got stuck behind a bunch a cars and found cottonwood by happy accident.

also out by blanco i found Chimney something road.
neat but with a water crossing at the bottom of a muddy slope i knew the concours wasn't going to go back up. right shoe got just a touch wet.

My voices are on strike till I turn off the competing music :mrgreen: Now they just torment me when I get stuck in a cage

LOL, my first trip riding out to N.C. and back I got stuck with "Don't worry, be happy" stuck in my head for 2 days going out, I even shared the misery by whistling it at stops so it stuck in my buddies head too.

Then when I got to N.C. it switched to "theme from Andy Griffith show" for the rest of the ride in.

gotdurt said:
Next time try circus music... :mrgreen:

These days I use an MP3 player so I get to select what I want, and get some variety. That trip to N.C. and back was the last straw.

I mean it could have been anything but "don't worry be happy", that just pushed me right over the edge. :)

I often get them songs from 60's and 70's shows stuck in my head: Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Father Knows Best, The Jetsons... It really can be very annoying, hehe. I try very hard when I am riding to elminate mental distractions like music, thinking about stuff, etc,... I like to have my entire focus on the riding experience without really even consciously thinking about the riding, I just ride!

Adios,

Back