• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**** safety stickers

Mitral

Reaction score
Those things must be painted on or something!! I used to work in a detail shop, and have alot of great compounds and chemicals that work well at getting adhesives off of paint finishes. I have never seen stickers adhered to a surface like this before.

Anyone have any tricks to getting those ugly white and orange stickers off? I was able to get one off of the plastic fairing, but the other two I could only get the clear cover off. The printed label portion remains, and even after being soaked with adhesive remover, I can only get a portion this size ( O ) off with each nail pass.

Heat gun and "Goo Be Gone". Works for me, but still takes some doing.

Yeah... probably a heat gun (carefully) or a hair dryer (liberally).

Heat and adhesive remover. Goo Gone and 3M Adhesive Remover are two great products.

Just make sure that when you buy the Goo Gone, you DO NOT get Goof Off instead - it'll eat away at your paint!

WD-40 works too. Safe for your paint in case you're nervous about the stronger adhesive removers. The solvent/carrier in WD-40 will soften the goo, gently scrape with your fingernail.

That 3M automotive adhesive remover works the best but you have to get it from a decent auto supply store and its pretty strong smelling stuff so do it outside. Stuff removes that leftover goo from vinyl vehicle lettering that sat too long on vehicles.

Aloha,
Huladog

Heat it is!! I still needed alot of finger grease, but the heat made things more efficient. Now I just need to clay and wax the tank, and it should be as good as new!!

twas heat, 3M adhesive remover and a credit card that did the trick for me... Now i've got a clean bike and a quart of 3M and no more goo!!

I just got around to taking the stickers off of the Bandit. I used the bride's hair dryer and some goo cleaner stuff. Was working ok until the hair dryer caught fire. :eek2:

But the bride is happy. She got a new hair dryer out of the deal. :lol2:

Just make sure that when you buy the Goo Gone, you DO NOT get Goof Off instead - it'll eat away at your paint!
GOOF-OFF Never ate away my paint on anything I used it on....and I used it on the Bandit too.
Best way to get the glue residue off once you get the decal off is to just "roll" the adhesive with your thumb.

Goof Off did melt my windscreen, but worked well on anything else.

I screwed my clear coat up bad getting my sticker off so be careful folks and have patience ,

I peeled the stickers and then used some "orange" cleaner. Those stickers were a real bear to remove.

But remember: they're there for your safety! :mrgreen:

I used a plastic sharp edged scraper thinigy from my wife's Pampered Chef stuff, some WD-40, a hair dryer, then some 91 proof alcohol to clean it all up.

If I had it to do all over again.............I would. Those friggin safety stickers are everywhere!!!!

Now I truly have a naked sportbike.

The biggest thing(I have taken alot of stickers off other peoples bikes)Get it hot and keep it hot with hair dryer and ''DO NOT'' pull the clear plastic film off the top of the sticker until it all comes off together
Tommorrow I will be pulling stickers off my sons new VTX1800 that he rode home today(he works at Sunrise Honda/19 years old /Dad will probably get to help pay for it)Wish I had the equip. to video the process/read and do as above and I promise ya happy returns:rider:
rworm

And I have a bike with a 'fridgerator magnet covering some gouges.
Actually quite the conversation piece :doh:

Get it hot and keep it hot with hair dryer and ''DO NOT'' pull the clear plastic film off the top of the sticker until it all comes off together

I think that was my biggest mistake. I peeled off the clear plastic on all three stickers....

I had the adhesive so hot with my wifes hair dryer I actually gave myself a burn blister.

bandit085.jpg

bandit086.jpg

bandit087-1.jpg

bandit088-2.jpg

bandit089-3.jpg

rworm
then wipe it clean with prep all to remove any residue from stickers

Back