• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocky Ridge 4/18- 4/19

Reaction score
Camping out with wife and kids. Riding with 17 y/o son. My wife and 12 y/o daughter don't ride(yet!), so they'll be hanging out doing whatever at the campsite/lake(maybe fishing/swimming). Come on out and keep us more company if you'd like. We hope to be drinking tasty beverages around a campfire Fri night!

Post up and I'll pm you my info.

Sorry folks, its in Decatur, TX. Their phone # is 940-466-3792

Here's the address for mapquesting: 14467 N Fm 51 Decatur, TX 76234

It's around 650 acres of diverse, private land. Its been around for at least 30yrs! Cool place.

Watch out for the all night loud muffler and blaring music parades and assorted gunfire.

After years of patronage at Rocky Ridge I was basically told 'tough stuff' when I complained to the owner about all of the above. Now I tell everyone I can, if you want a safe place to camp, and enjoy a quiet night sleep go a few more miles north to Red River.

Seriously.

Speaking of which.... I'll be at Red River all weekend... LOL Sorry for the thread hijack, but I also will never go back there for the same reasons Ed stated. Besides, red river is only 2000'ish acres give or take.

Good to know. I just don't know where else you could camp by a lake. Guess I'll call ahead to see if any wild gatherings are scheduled in the area.

Ask if they have a night riding curfew, and if they enforce it. That last trip was a second chance trip for Rocky Ridge. The trip before we also endured loud four wheelers running all night. Just hoping you and your family have a pleasant trip.

Thanks for the heads up, Guys. If I want rude , I'll move to New York. Things can change, though. Let us know how it goes for you, Stik-hope ya'll have fun:rider:

Nevermind anyway...just called and its a muddy mess!

Just an FYI, the Red River trail blog says that they only received 0.25" of rain. With that amount, the trails are going to be in prime shape to do some riding. It should be just enough water to keep the dust down and the sand damp. And it's only a couple miles further than Rocky Ridge...... :trust:

You can see where my preference is can't you???:rider:

Yeah, I called up RRMT and she said the big storms missed them! We may just head up there tomorrow morning. When are you heading up there?

We are leaving out tonight and staying until Sunday mid-day. I'm riding with my buddy in his RV, but will be tent camping once we get there. We usually park across the street from the big group pavilion. Look for an RV, a tent, and 3 blue WR's.

Back