• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Stimulus Check Spending List

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
Well I figure the only real way to help out our economy with the $600 stimulus I am suppossed to receive is to use it to buy american made products, which is not easy to do now days.

So I have 3 items for my 1250S that I was planning on buying anyway this year, and they are all made in the US, and will use up pretty close to exactly the $600, and they are,

A new seat from Sargent $260
A set of Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators for my forks $180
A Pit Bull Newfront Stand motorcycle lift $160

:eat: :rider:

The check John and I get is going towards the item in John's signature :trust:

Sadly, it is not American made...

IF we get one, I am sure something will happen that will have a final bill for just about the same amount of the "stimulus" check... That seems to be the pattern of our lives the last few years :doh:

IF we get one, I am sure something will happen that will have a final bill for just about the same amount of the "stimulus" check... That seems to be the pattern of our lives the last few years :doh:

Yeah, like American-made BABIES! :mrgreen:

Think I'm going to buy a small sit on top style kayak at Academy, 230 with the oars and I'll save the rest to spend later. I'd thought about getting a P3AT Kel Tec, but not just yet. I want the kayak for duck hunting those boggy as heck pot holes so I won't have to swim out of 'em anymore. :giveup: I'll have to buy a rattle can camo kit for it.

Think I'm going to buy a small sit on top style kayak at Academy, 230 with the oars and I'll save the rest to spend later. I'd thought about getting a P3AT Kel Tec, but not just yet. I want the kayak for duck hunting those boggy as heck pot holes so I won't have to swim out of 'em anymore. :giveup: I'll have to buy a rattle can camo kit for it.

Just remember to shoot ahead, but not too far to the side, or you'll be swimming anyway.:lol2:

Like this?
predator_k111_angl_sm.jpg

A lightweight, extremely stable kayak designed to make life easier and more enjoyable for serious hunters and fishermen. Features include accessory tray with cup/can holder, shotgun shell holders, gun butt holder; quiet "Clothesline" cockpit anchor stowage; paddle and rod holders; and work deck.

Accessory tray with cup/can holder, shotgun shell holders, gun butt holder
Quiet "Clothesline" cockpit anchor stowage
Sliding adjustable high-back folding seat
Stern deck bungees
Adjustable foot braces
Paddle holder
Rod holder
Work deck
Colors Camo Materials PolyLink3™

Where are you getting the $260 for the Sargent seat? The comparable versions on the website seem to run $400?? I pre registered as well. Does this knock off that much money?

I've checked the prices for every seat they offer for Suzuki motorcycles including all of the GSX series as well as all of the SV series bikes, and the prices on their website range from $280 to $300 for a standard seat so I would feel that around $260 sounds like a very realistic price for the Bandit seat if in fact it will be offered to everyone who has pre-regestered like you and I have at what they say will be a "below-retail" introductory price. :rider:

2007 tax bill - $1502
2008 "economic stimulus check"- $1500

Why couldn't I just send them $2 and call it even?:giveup:

Those of you who are getting a "Stumulus" check, enjoy my tax dollars (cause I ain't gettin' one) :shrug: .... this is actually just another wealth redistribuiton scheme from your government..... :deal:

Ours is likely going to pay off my bike - whether or not I get a new one.

Those of you who are getting a "Stumulus" check, enjoy my tax dollars (cause I ain't gettin' one) :shrug: .... this is actually just another wealth redistribuiton scheme from your government..... :deal:

Well, I'm not getting one and I'm not wealthy. The IRS managed to figure out a way to screw me out of my check. :angryfire

I guess I could refuse to take it... tick, tock, tick, tock... nope, I'll put it to good use.

No doubt it's a gov't scheme!!!

My Pastor expressed a similar experience.
He and his family found themselves in need of X dollars to fund a community project. They didn't know where they would get the money but prayed. That same week the mortgage company sent a refund check on their escrow for almost the exact amount they needed.

"Give thanks and expect a miracle"

Like this?
predator_k111_angl_sm.jpg

A lay down boat is more than I need. I just want something to put out and pick up deeks with and go after downed birds on. I hunt from the cover of the grass on the WMAs down here, but some of the stupid pot holes down here have really boggy, near quick sand, bottoms. I had to swim out of one going after a teal in September and I started thinking about cures to that problem. I found a really need lay down from otter boats, but it's 560 bucks with shipping and 75 lbs. It does have little wheels in the rear, set up to take a 2hp motor, but paddling it would be a pain. I think a a kayak would paddle easier and this one I looked at is only 30 lbs, easy to drag in the marsh behind me. It's always wet enough to float such a boat down there and I have this chunk of plastic I use to drag game out of my place I could use with it on a dry trail to keep from wearing the plastic on the hull.

I've been thinking about this problem for a while and I think this is the best option. I might also build myself a marsh stool and strap it to the kayak to haul down to the pothole I'm hunting. That way I don't have to stand all the time. But, I'm thinkin' I can sit on the boat if, like normal, I'm knee deep in water, anyway. On the few spots where I can hunt from dry ground, I can just take my dove hunting stool.

Besides, I'm just getting too danged old to hunt the way I used to, standing up the whole time, wading in the muck. :lol2: I can't give up the sport, but I can adapt my tools for the job.

My stimulus check will buy 15 gallons of Wilmington's Finest 87 octane.
(Wilmington, the exhaust pipe of Los Angeles)

Sargent makes the bandit seats? I am on the email list and have not heard anything.

It's that or a canoe for me I think.

Now Im feeling sick to my stomach... :puke:

One min. I dont mind taxation.... then I find out we dont qualify for the Stimulus package and too boot, just had to write Uncle Sam a check for an additional $8,450.

:twisted:

Now Im feeling sick to my stomach... :puke:

One min. I dont mind taxation.... then I find out we dont qualify for the Stimulus package and too boot, just had to write Uncle Sam a check for an additional $8,450.

:twisted:

Yuck! :thpt: :argh: :huh2:

Alternative Minimum Tax bite you?

Lee

Back