• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How Fragile Life IS

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reminded Friday of how fragile life truely is. After a long
phone call from my mother. I learned that my brother
will not recover from the coma he slipped into on Wednesday. It
has been a sobering day to realize that the last conversation really
was the last conversation.

I head will leave Sunday to go be with my mother and father as they
prepare for the passing of their youngest child (42). We all knew he
would have a shortened lifespan due to some medical conditions
but did not expect him to be overcome with seizures and slip away
from us so quickly.

He was happy and talking about taking a trip back to Flordia to see friends
as the seizures started and never regained conciousness so at least he did not have a prolonged period of pain. The nuerosurgen is anticipating 3-5 days as he had a DNR on file for years to avoid a vegetative state, so he has no feeding tubes just a fluid IV and a Morphine drip.

I stayed home tonight with my wife and daughter and spent the day with them today as they are very close to him and it was the hardest thing I have ever done telling my daughter that her uncle was in a coma and would never awaken. Our decision was not to take her to the hospital as the sight of him in that condiditon could do her no good. They have finally drifted off to sleep and I just needed to put some thoughts down.

Cherish your family and friends, live life to the fullest.

I'm very sorry that you're having to endure this. But I'm glad that your wife & child are there to share the memories & joy of his life with you. I won't tell you I know how you feel, because I don't. But please take comfort in knowing that all who read your post will be reaching out to you with care & concern. I wish you peace.
Corinne

Sorry. It's tough losing someone close to you.

Prayer sent for you and your family.

I have a friend whose wife is in very bad health. It seems as though all around us there are people that are hurting. I will add you and your family to my prayer list. God bless you all!

Prayers sent for all of you.

I lost a brother a few yrs ago and was asked to speak at his funeral. The more I thought about the loss we have had, it ended up becoming so clear to me that in one way it was a loss,but in the reality of it all it was my gain to have had him for a brother. Even though his loss was untimely and unexpected I came to realize how much greater it was to have had him as a brother and a friend, then to loose him, than to have never known him at all.

May God give you all peace during this time.

May you and your family be blessed. Though it's hard right now, try to keep in mind, there is always sunshine after a storm.

:sun:

This is hard news. I'm glad you had some time with your family before having to leave. Its a good sign when family gathers in grief, that they are also able to rejoice in the life of the loved one and share good memories with one another. I hope you have many of these moments while your with your family.

Deepest condolences. Hope you guys will find strength in each other and find some form of peace.

Sorry to hear this. Beth and I will definitely keep your family in our prayers.

It sounds like he was well loved and will be missed greatly. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, I printed and shared this with our mother who was touched and wanted me to extend her thanks to all. She is
constantly amazed by the closeness and concern this group has for
oneanother.

My brother has ended this part of the journey of his life and has moved on
to the next set of adventures.

Again thank you all for the kindness, it means more than you will
ever know

Bud

Sorry to hear it Bud. I am sure he will be missed very much. Even though the death of loved ones is a part of life for all of us, it is still tough to deal with. It sounds like you have a great family and that surely makes it much easier.

I am sorry for your loss, Bud. I will pray for you and your family. It can't be easy for your parents to lose one of their children, even if he was an adult.

Back