• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki top case trouble?

Reaction score
Hi everyone....I just got my top case from the dealer and started to put the cover insert on. The case comes with two keys...you can detach your case ,open and close it. HOWEVER, It seems like I cant lock the case and keep it from opening....it dosent seem to close right and when you lock it you can simply push where it says press and pop it open...(not the button). This seems cheap and not right. I took the lock apart to see if I could find something wrong but I couldnt. Behind the lock is a patent that says Givi on it.

Is this normal? I do not have it mounted on the rack yet, does that matter? Once I get the mounting rack and i still have problems I will return it. Way to much money to be having problems?:giveup:

With the key turned to the right, you have to raise the the lever/flap just above the button and hook it to the top case lip/catch and push it in to pop it shut, then turn the key upright to lock it. If thats the problem? also, edit-- you cannot latch it shut or un-latch it unless the key is turned to the right, same with mounting or un mounting to the rack-bottom button.

Thank you! I feel so stupid. I did what you said and it works great...They should put better instructions in there...I spent a couple hours trying to figure it out...:doh: :doh: :doh:

I really like this forum!!!

Back