• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another newbie

C

crashcrew

Hey all,

Well... I'm new to the DFW area (arlington to be precise) and found this site through a search. I lived in S. FL and did a lot of riding with friends there and would like to find people to ride with here also. I currently own a 2003 CBR F4i..I know not a typical "sport-tourer" but I have put over 600 miles on her in one day with no problems. :-D I have a total of about 5yrs riding experience...have owned everything from dirtbikes to a CBR 900RR and everything in between. Anyway, I hope to meet some of you and have a good safe time ridin' ......... :chug:

What is a "sport tourer"?

Howdy,

:tab Don't sweat the bike! If it has two wheels and you tour on it, sounds like a sport tourer to me ;-) I've read of guys touring the entire country on GSX-R 1000's!! One of my touring buds uses a Duc 748 with a reverse shifter. The seat is a foam pad about 1/2" thick :shock: I would die on that.

:tab Welcome to Texas and to the forum. I hope you like hot weather because it is about to get toasty crispy. Just today I rode down to a bike shop on the North side of Houston and it hit 107 F!! My freaking eyeballs were burning from the air coming in the helmet. Even with a mesh jacket it felt like I was sitting in front of a giant hair dryer :brainsnap

:tab There are a lot of DFW folks on the site here. Also, you can check out two other sites that have a lot of DFW folks on them:

The Blue Goose Riders Forum

CycleForums.com - Texas section

:tab The Blue Goose site is dedicated to DFW riders that frequent the Blue Goose Restaurant for bike nights. Cycleforums.com is just a huge forum for riders from all over the country, but they have an active Texas section and there are always folks looking for people to ride with. Be sure to tell them I sent you, CF seems to think I am trying to steal their members :roll:

:tab Keep an eye on the Upcoming Rides/Trips and Events section here, there is usually something going on!

Thanks for the welcome. You're not kidding about toasty! I rode yesterday afternoon and it was 101F!! Doesn't get that hot in Tampa, FL that's for sure!! :shock: I've always been pretty comfortable in my textile jacket in the summer, but I wasn't yesterday! :mrgreen: I'm gonna take a look at the other two site also....Hope to meet some of you!

Thanks again!

Welcome to the neighborhood crash!

It's been about year since I rode out to Tampa. Definitely a temp difference. You'll see more night time riding here ... night time or early morning, trying to stay out of the heat of the day. It gets hotter here, but I don't think it's near as humid as Tampa. Still, hot is hot ... but welcome to the area!!

Welcome, cc. I live just north of you in Euless. If you want to meet people that ride, tomorrow Sunday June 1 there is an event at Pennington Field (football stadium parking lot) in Bedford at 183 and central Dr.

It's mostly a stunters venue (it's worth going just to see the amazing stuff folks there can do), but they also have a small road course marked on the parking lot (kinda like an autocross for bikes). I'll be out there for at least some of the day (it runs noon-6pm). Cost is usually $5 to get in.

More info at www.sportbikehype.com

Let me know if you're going out there, I'll look for you.

Welcome, crash...

I lived in Boca Raton for 10 years (pre-bike). Texas is a whole lot more fun to ride a moto in, anyways.... ;)

Back