• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

travel trunks/luggage?

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Last Name
geiger
I got a JC Wittney catalog today and it has a large 'travel trunk" and mounting bracket for $85. It looks like a Givi. ( givi does not make anything for my DR650) SIZE="5"]"A TITANIC COST SAVINGS" I]compaired to similar top boxes[/I]. Has anyone used this product and what was your opinion? Thanks.

I had one on my S40,and I liked it. It did tend to rattle some because the quick-release mounting of the case on the base has some play to it. You could easily alleviate that with a couple of bolts through the bottom. I never did, and the case never came off, it just rattled.

A few guys on Advrider talk about the JCWhitney top cases with nothing but good things to say about them. You might try searching thier forum

I read reviews on JCs web site and decided to get one. I ordered it this afternoon. When it comes in I will post the results. For the price you cant beat it.

OK I got the trunk and after a few mounting mods it came together quite well. I think it might rattle a little but Nothing a thin slab of rubber cant handle. I did drill a couple of holes in the fender I will post again after my Sunday ride to nowhere in paticular. Heck I might even put a couple of bricks in it just simulate stuff.FYI sticky back foam pads make all the difference on the inside

I bought this one back when they were on sale for $45...

It does double duty on the DRZ and the ZRX...

I've had it loaded and traversed many miles of washboard gravel
without a problem...

Make sure the mounting plate is completely flat after you bolt it down

If the plate is stressed from a incorrect mounting, it will break.

Attachments

• trunk.gif
    trunk.gif
    9 KB · Views: 134
sounds like you have some first hand knowlage of the plate breakage:doh: I used the center bolt for the rear fender and then drilled 4 more holes in the fender and two in the plate. There is a total of 5 bolts holding this thing on over a large surface area. Hopefully I dont run into that problem.

I ordered one this morning. After this reading the above I'm glad I did.

I can post pics of how I mounted the rack. I drilled a couple of holes in the rear fender. It is sturdy. The box does rattle but on our thumpers I dont think it will be a big deal. I will try to get this done tomorrow.

Back