• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Polished stock pegs

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I am putting the stock passenger pegs back on my bike so I can start taking my girlfriend for rides, so I painted the brackets semi-gloss black and then I decided to polish the footpegs and paint the steel weights black also.

After smoothing out the rough casting marks on the aluminum pegs I hit them with my buffer and was very surprised at how well they polished up, as usually a casting will never polish up to the same luster as a piece of billet aluminum will, which leads me to believe that the pegs are forged aluminum instead of cast as they polished up just as nicely as a piece of billet aluminum.

I am going to smooth and polish the rider pegs tomorrow and paint the weights black on them also. :rider:

739c2bda63ef6b5cb1778dd7ba0f1a270_large.jpg

lets go to newcombs sunday morn? are you up for a ride.

i got tires to wear out, and a camera. gas is cheap at $4 a gal. (laughs)

Back