• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gen 2 (01) vs Gen 3 Bandit (07) Pros/Cons

Reaction score
Just sold my 01 1200s and replaced it with 07 1250/ABS. Liked the old Bandit and love the new one.

07 Features: ABS,ABS,ABS. Silky smooth. Very nimble. Emergency flashers which I use for local riding to enhance conspicuity. Good headlight. Digital speedo which these old eyes can see easily.

Shortfalls: Really miss the old fashioned helmet lock. Underseat lock is PIA. Just to save a few bucks, I assume?
Also liked the second set of bungee attachment points on the 01.
Horn on the 01 was pathetic. This one's louder but I can't think of a more stupid place to position it than behind the radiator. Yes, I know of the various mods. I just think that safety items, like a horn, should be intelligently located and LOUD - not a personal farkle!

Old news, perhaps.

George

I do like the ABS

Things I am not impressed with is the handlebars and suspension. Handlebars are a cheap fix, the suspension is just too rough for me. I set it up soft and then it then it jars me on our pot holes here. I can't find a happy medium.

I can stay out of it, so the mileage suffers greatly where my friends K1200S still gets respectable #'s, but yes cost 3x more than what I got mine for used.

Back