• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Passenger peg extensions

Brass

Reaction score
It has taken some time but the box the camera was in, has been found. Now as promised here are the pics of the Kuryakyn offset passenger peg mounts (part# 4557).

The camera takes great pictures, it’s the operator that has the shaky hands.

Since adding the mounts there have been no complaints about sore legs/knees/hips.

Once in place, one allen bolt each pops them off for a cleaner look.

Attachments

• IM000556.jpg
    IM000556.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IM000559.jpg
    IM000559.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IM000566.jpg
    IM000566.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IM000571.jpg
    IM000571.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IM000577.jpg
    IM000577.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 191
That's a good idea...My wife complains that her knees hurts...The angle is pretty tight for passengers

That's a good idea...My wife complains that her knees hurts...The angle is pretty tight for passengers

Find a passenger with shorter legs :mrgreen:

My wife (31" inside leg) doesn't have a problem with the peg position but she does have a problem with vibration sending her toes numb. Not all the time, though - I think it depends on the type of riding and what rev range I'm using. Seems to be worst in town between 2,500 and 4,500 - on the motorway she says it's not so bad. I've told her that a Power Commander should improve it so she asked me to get one as soon as possible :rofl: Seriously, though, if the bike's not running so lean it should be smoother which 'might' improve it......:rider:

Obviously the rubber-mounting of the passenger footpeg hangers and the rubber facing on the pegs themselves isn't enough - anyone know of a possible solution? Some sort of vibration-absorbing cover for the pegs?

Find a passenger with shorter legs :mrgreen:

My wife (31" inside leg) doesn't have a problem with the peg position but she does have a problem with vibration sending her toes numb. Not all the time, though - I think it depends on the type of riding and what rev range I'm using. Seems to be worst in town between 2,500 and 4,500 - on the motorway she says it's not so bad. I've told her that a Power Commander should improve it so she asked me to get one as soon as possible :rofl: Seriously, though, if the bike's not running so lean it should be smoother which 'might' improve it......:rider:

Obviously the rubber-mounting of the passenger footpeg hangers and the rubber facing on the pegs themselves isn't enough - anyone know of a possible solution? Some sort of vibration-absorbing cover for the pegs?

Could be a throttle body sync is in need. Mine vibrates at 3500 rpm mostly in the bars and left footpeg. I have a re-mapped ECM and no lean condition so I suspect its nature of the beast or the throttle body sync. My idle is spot on and level but does ru na bit high at times a few miles from start up. My wife has complained about the high pegs but not about any vibration. She is only 5'2" tall so it must be bad back there.

Could be a throttle body sync is in need.

Yes, that crossed my mind too. I thought I might get the dealer to check the balance when the bike next gets serviced (I'm getting it dealer serviced until the warranty runs out) but I've never been happy with a throttle balance that any dealer has done on previous bikes (German or Italian twins) and end up doing it myself after service and half way between. But I've heard 4 cylinder bikes don't (or shouldn't) go out of balance as much as twins do?

Maybe it's time I bought a balancing tool that can deal with more than 2 cylinders (I've used a Twinmax electronic balancer up until now) - as they say, if you want a job done properly, do it yourself!

Mine vibrates at 3500 rpm mostly in the bars and left footpeg.

Yes, that's the worst speed on mine too - mainly the right hand bar grip for me but apparently the pillion pegs too.

My idle is spot on and level but does ru na bit high at times a few miles from start up.

My idle is like a tractor - rough and uneven. I put the roughness down to it running too lean but the unevenness could be TB sync issues.

My wife has complained about the high pegs but not about any vibration. She is only 5'2" tall so it must be bad back there.

Mine's about 5'6" so I guess height isn't the only issue. Maybe some wives are more flexible than others......:trust: She managed 8 hours on the bike one day without any leg problems (just problems with the cold).

Back