• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RS Taichi GMX-Motion Jacket

Reaction score
I just picked up this AWESOME jacket last week or so from Nathan over at Moto Liberty! I have been a big fan of RS Taichi products for a long time and wanted a new leather jacket for summer (ie: vented, my Dainese is not). I did a bit of research online, found the GMX-Motion and hit Nathan up.

Of course he had one in my size in Dallas and had a shipped right down (what a guy eh?). It fit, I bought it, end of story! :lol2:

Here's some stock pics and details from their website:

RSJ8179900.jpg

gmx_jacket_red1.jpg

gmx_jacket_gunmetal.jpg

Details:

1.3 - 1.4mm top quality cowhide outer shell construction
Perforated leather used on front and arm
Removable CE protector on elbow, shoulder and back
T-AIR on shoulder
EVA foam padding for shoulder, elbow, collarbone, rib, waist, back neck and back
Neck support on back
Removable wind stop inner lining to adjust in all weather
3M reflection for increased visibility in night time
Waist adjuster
Excellent elastic and strong Schoeller Keprotec on underarm for extreme tear and abrasion resistance
Back neck neoprene rubber
Perforated leather flex panel
Connection zipper with pants

Link to it on Moto Liberty's site: https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=440

I have ridden with it for a solid week now and thought I'd give my thoughts on it.

Overall, it is very well ventilated. Dare I say it's almost as well ventilated as my Alpinestars T-Breeze textile, which is half mesh! The reason being is my Alpinestars is solid fabric all on the arms and shoulders/upper back, this one is ventilated there, so air realy gets through. To the point that I thought I didn't have it zipped all the way up a few times!

All in all, the additional protection of leather and real armor along with the excellent ventilation make me very pleased with my purchase. I will feel a bit safer when dodging soccer mom's in SUV's and worktrucks with 17 workers hanging out the back. ;)

Lastly, the liner is excellent. Extremely warm when needed and apparently water proof. I rode home in a down pour ealier last week and did not get wet through the liner.

So if you are looking for a high quality sport-fit vented leather jacket with loads of protection for the summer, look no further. Give Nathan a call, I think he still has one or two. :D

Back