PDA

View Full Version : Good prices on Bandits?? Help please...

ekms377
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
What are some of the prices these bikes are going for? I saw a few on CL in the 3-4k range.

Thanks in advance!

PhilS
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
This Forum is on 1250 FI Water Cooled Bandits that came out in 2007. They were $8000+ last year when new, so your $3K to $4K must be based on the older models in a different forum.

I would suggest a new one.........you'll love it!!

txbanditrydr
05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
This Forum is on 1250 FI Water Cooled Bandits that came out in 2007.

Oh really????? :scratch: I don't necessarily see that anywhere on the Forum Title... maybe you just think this is exclusive to the 1250.... :whatever:

ekms377.... Used Bandits go for quite a range of prices depending on age, mileage and condition. The re-sale value is pretty poor thus you end up getting a great deal on a LOT of bike. If you find a particular bike and want to share the details I'll bet you get some good feedback - lots of current and former Bandit owners around. There's even a few of them new-fangled prototype Bandits for sale these days. :rofl:

KenB
05-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh really????? :scratch: I don't necessarily see that anywhere on the Forum Title... maybe you just think this is exclusive to the 1250.... :whatever:
He was probably referring to the 1250 Mega Thread which was the basis for the creation of this Bandit sub-forum. :zen:

terrebandit
05-16-2008, 10:10 PM
This Forum is on 1250 FI Water Cooled Bandits that came out in 2007.

Whats up with that Phil? Last time I looked this topic was about "Good prices on Bandits"? Jeepers...:giveup:

:lol2:

Anyway, I bought a used 2000 model (1st Generation) for 3500 bucks back in 2003! It had only 6K on it. I now have 50K. This is my second Bandit. My 2001 model (2nd Generation) bit the dust in NC..RIP. It had 33,542 miles when the insurance man came calling.

Like Jay said, 3-4K will get you in an darn good bike but it won't get ya in the exclusive watercooled FI "club"

I would suggest a old one.........you'll love it!! :rofl:

Dave

Arbee
05-16-2008, 11:02 PM
If the 1200 wasn't so good and built a fine reputation as being the
indestructible, hooligans, stunt riders weapon of choice the 1250
possibly wouldnt be as popular, but now its around the refinements
are superb.

1250 = 6 gears... not always needed though unless your really hiking along,
but the best refinement was the elimination of the Bandit buzz.

Both are equally great bikes, and you cant go wrong.

ekms377
05-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys.....that is what I was wanting to hear!!!

PhilS
05-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Guys, guys, guys...

I meant nothing by it, adn in retrospect, I wasn't paying attention to the bigger picture. I was just referring to this forum as being born from the Mega 1250 thread and forgot this is about "all" Bandits.

My screw up - please forgive - it was not an intentional move at all, I just wasn't thinking clearly.........

I got myself in the mindset like over in MaxSuzuki where they have the 1250's broken off into thier own world....ooops.

Sorry - totally my bad!!!!!!!!:oops: :confused: :(

etcthorne
05-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Nothing to apologize for Phil. You're a frequent poster of great information and, aw heck, an all around nice guy. :lol2:

PhilS
05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Nothing to apologize for Phil. You're a frequent poster of great information and, aw heck, an all around nice guy. :lol2:

And I own a "Red" Bandit!!!

BTW - I saw 9000RPM's today on a couple blasts up to 90+. This bike is so smooth up there.

See you guys in a week.....

etcthorne
05-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Phil - you're a HOOLIGAN???

OK, If it's time for confession, I'll lay it out here. I'm normally Mr. Anal Retentive Safety Man of the Year (ARSMY). I'm the guy who wears the orange vest sometimes during daylight, has BLINDING reflective stickers on my Kury Bag and helmet, always ride within my capability and at a safe speed, blah blah blah.

Today I got on a road on the far outskirts of town with a long straightaway and nobody around. The weather was nice and the stars were aligned in a certain way..... all of a sudden my right wrist cramped up and opened that throttle up. I was at 125 when I looked down and she still had many more to go. My wrist used to cramp up every year or so under the right circumstances. I'm thinking that this Bandit is the culprit. Something about the torque or something is interferring with my ability to keep my brain in a conservative place. She pulls like a tractor and it's about all you can do to simply keep all of your clothes on! :eek2:

PhilS
05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
She pulls like a tractor and it's about all you can do to simply keep all of your clothes on! :eek2:

Thank you for keeping your clothes on at any speed!!!!:eek2:

labandit
05-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Guys, guys, guys...

I meant nothing by it, adn in retrospect, I wasn't paying attention to the bigger picture. I was just referring to this forum as being born from the Mega 1250 thread and forgot this is about "all" Bandits.

My screw up - please forgive - it was not an intentional move at all, I just wasn't thinking clearly.........

I got myself in the mindset like over in MaxSuzuki where they have the 1250's broken off into thier own world....ooops.

Sorry - totally my bad!!!!!!!!:oops: :confused: :(

yeah, there are a couple of nazis over there (max-suz)that are downright rude to new people that have made simple and honest mistakes. one poor guy privately e-mailed me after such a beating. turns out the guy was in his 60's, had been riding longer than any of the mods over there, and was a minister who runs church and helps kids. i was going to contribute $ to that site until that happened. it was not the first time. there are ways to communicate with people without bullying them. it's all about patience, consideration, and respect.

terrebandit
05-18-2008, 06:57 AM
yeah, there are a couple of nazis over there (max-suz)that are downright rude to new people that have made simple and honest mistakes. one poor guy privately e-mailed me after such a beating. turns out the guy was in his 60's, had been riding longer than any of the mods over there, and was a minister who runs church and helps kids. i was going to contribute $ to that site until that happened. it was not the first time. there are ways to communicate with people without bullying them. it's all about patience, consideration, and respect.

Yeah, there are "nazis" in every forum and you just have to deal with it to keep your samity. However, the owner of that site keeps things in pretty good order, I think. People who continue to act like that end up getting banned there.

BTW, I know the guy who you're talking about. He is a good guy.

Dave

suzukijo
05-18-2008, 02:48 PM
BTW - I saw 9000RPM's today on a couple blasts up to 90+. This bike is so smooth up there...snip by suzukijo....

finally let her rip in second, ....eh?

when i first read the first post in this thread, i immediately thought he was talking about the 'bandit' i own. a 1250 water cooled six speed Fi bike.

good thing i didnt reply quickly. I didnt think anyone could get a '07 for $3k?

then i looked at how many bandit models there are, and asking about bandit prices, one might mention which particular model. it took me a while to realise what cl is. pdsomwyt?

one of my friends told me his son got a poor grade on his essay for school, because he used too many txt mssg acronyms.

wawgtdwofkotn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Bandit_Series

whitesands
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM
The old Bandits are great bikes...But the 1250 is more refined and has a much stronger low end....

terrebandit
05-21-2008, 09:55 PM
The old Bandits are great bikes...But the 1250 is more refined and has a much stronger low end....

Much stronger? Why don't you elaborate more on that. You talking seat-of-the-pants experience or perhaps a dyno chart? Two different things, IMHO.

bones
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
$6K for my 07 w/ABS and some farkles/bags of which I sold a few already, so purchase was really under 6K.

Oh and a 5 year warr. :rider:

suzukijo
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Much stronger? Why don't you elaborate more on that. You talking seat-of-the-pants experience or perhaps a dyno chart? Two different things, IMHO.

strong is relative. there are some built old bandits that make serious hp.

pretty much all the magazine testers, who ride them all, say the new bandit is a level above the old GSXR based model.

my friend has a '04 version and we swapped once, and he agreed, the water cooling has a quietening effect on the engine the old air cooled engine cannot match. the 6 speed allows a taller top gear, for easy cruising at 80-100mph, still with good acceleration thru the gears 1-5. the balancer shaft smooths the new bandit, the old GSXR based engine has a noticable buzz that can be lived with, but never goes away. new version doesnt have it, smoo-oo-ooth.

the dual Fi throttle bodies, allow you to pin it at 2k with no stumbles, just crisp zip to redline.

we all thought the GSXR was a rocket when it came out in '86.
that was over 20 years ago.

the new level of sophistication/strength of the new engine, is why i bought mine.

often times some engines can make serious hp. the new bandit is torqy. but with that comes a new level of drivability, and willigness to deliver quiet smooth power seamlessly, instantly, from 2k to 9k.
in defense of the old bandit, in a drag race, one can still be a threat to the new bandit.

but this is a price thread, and for the price old bandits are a good buy, no doubt.
i seriously considered one, either good or bad, that led to me looking at the new ones.

whitesands
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM

The new bandit is stronger in the low end...20ft.lbs difference at 3,000 rpm is a big difference...Nothing against the old 1200 but it just does not have the low end of the new bike.

terrebandit
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
The new bandit is stronger in the low end...20ft.lbs difference at 3,000 rpm is a big difference...Nothing against the old 1200 but it just does not have the low end of the new bike.

You're right on the very low end, and thats certainly impressive, but get the revs up and they are about the same in torque, stock. Thats where I was coming from. It's all good...

Suzukijo... I totally agree with your assessment. The new bike and engine are much more refined. I can't wait to ride my brothers new bandit. I've logged in over 70K on the older bandits, so I've got a pretty good handle on those. This will be interesting and possibly tempting!

Still, for the $ you can't beat the older bike, IMHO.

camperjohn
05-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Getting back on track - I just sold my 2007 Bandit 1250 with 3700 miles on it for $6600, which included the $400 fairings I put on it.

Rcdd
05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Just picked up my new-to-me 2007 with 2500 miles.....$5,500.00......in black of course, cause that's the fastest color....Looked a lot of 02-05 Bandits, but couldn't pass on the deal....glad I didn't....

And I totally agree with the previous posts....this thing is so smooth...torque from way down....efortlessly cruises at 80 down the interstate, without the old Bandit buzz....:rider:

EDITED to fix the year of bike....*L*

txbanditrydr
05-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Just picked up my new-to-me 02 with 2500 miles.....$5,500.00......in black of course, cause that's the fastest color....Looked a lot of 02-05 Bandits, but couldn't pass on the deal....glad I didn't....

And I totally agree with the previous posts....this thing is so smooth...torque from way down....efortlessly cruises at 80 down the interstate, without the old Bandit buzz....:rider:

Did I read this correctly????

treybrad
05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Just picked up my new-to-me 2007 with 2500 miles.....$5,500.00...

:doh: How depressing for us suckers who bought it new... Probably the last *NEW* bike I'll ever buy...

Nice snag though!

trey

camperjohn
05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
:doh: How depressing for us suckers who bought it new... Probably the last *NEW* bike I'll ever buy...

Nice snag though!

trey

Not me, the feeling of owning a brand new bike was awesome. The money is nothing for the bike you really want, that is YOUR bike.

Of course, my women I like to be driven hard and well worn before I get them...I like them experienced..

mrpesas
06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Just picked up my new-to-me 2007 with 2500 miles.....$5,500.00......in black of course, cause that's the fastest color....Looked a lot of 02-05 Bandits, but couldn't pass on the deal....glad I didn't....

EDITED to fix the year of bike....*L*

where did you find that deal?!? I can't find a used bandit to save my life.

Rcdd
06-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Found it on Craigslist in Baton Rouge..........had been on there for a month or so......

Was looking at older air-cooled Bandits, but couldn't pass it up......:rider:

Just keep looking, I sure something will pop up...especially in a bigger city like Dallas.....