• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where to for May 25?

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
It looked like I was going to be off both Saturday and Sunday but work has changed and I will be working days Saturday and returning for the night run on Monday. I can't complain, a co-workers sons are coming home on leave before one of them ships out to Afganistan (sp?) so I will be glad to work for him so he can spend time with his warriors. :patriot:

So now I'm looking to see if/when/where everyone may be riding on Sunday. I've thought about Cherokee but have heard a few may be headed to Crooked Creek or the forest. I can't do the forest because I won't have enough time to get a SA for Kyle's bike.

So where to fellers and/or girls? I'm open for suggestions. let's ride.

:doh: Sunday is the only day I have to work that weekend (off th, fri, sat & mon) but I may be able to skip out early for an afternoon ride if its somewhere close.

I could go on Sunday o CCP. I have to go do a track day on Monday :trust: so no SHNF for me :doh:

I'm planning on going up to Barnwell Mountain to meet up with a bunch of the KTMTalk peeps. A memorial ride for Christie Poe. Been 10 years since I've been there.

I'll be camping. If anyone wants to go, lemme know.

I'm planning on going up to Barnwell Mountain to meet up with a bunch of the KTMTalk peeps. A memorial ride for Christie Poe. Been 10 years since I've been there.

Man, I've been wanting to go check Barnwell out; thats tempting...

Looks like we will be at Cherokee Sunday morning. Look for us over by the kids track, should be in the wife's gray Dodge.

Bearer of Bad News here...

Milano, New Waverly and Gilmer ALL register rain from Thursday through Sunday on weather.com.

Mother nature sure likes to discourage us from having fun sometimes.:argh:

Bearer of Bad News here...

Milano, New Waverly and Gilmer ALL register rain from Thursday through Sunday on weather.com.

Mother nature sure likes to discourage us from having fun sometimes.:argh:

But only 30% chance... think good thoughts man!

No kiddin, rain makes Cherokee better! I'll be there fri-sun with the boys,see ya there!
IMG_0109.jpg

Anyone know if Cherokee requires a membership on Memorial Day since it's a weekday? If not, I may make it my back-up for SHNF.

I was up there in Oct. wheeling my Tacoma with TX TTORA. Not sure how much if any singletrack, mostly 4x4s up there. Good climbing/descent & plenty of technical/rocky stuff though. I managed to grenade a ring gear up there-had to pull it out and drive back with front wheel drive:doh: . Trashed a tire, too. Fortunately, Toyota bought me a $1500.00 pumpkin. That trip was part of my motivation for getting another bike:lol2: . Could be some good singletrack I'm not aware of, though.

I was up there in Oct. wheeling my Tacoma with TX TTORA. Not sure how much if any singletrack, mostly 4x4s up there. Good climbing/descent & plenty of technical/rocky stuff though. I managed to grenade a ring gear up there-had to pull it out and drive back with front wheel drive:doh: . Trashed a tire, too. Fortunately, Toyota bought me a $1500.00 pumpkin. That trip was part of my motivation for getting another bike:lol2: . Could be some good singletrack I'm not aware of, though.

There is a 25+ mile m/c loop, mostly single track and some quad width stuff. I havn't been in over a year, sure want to go back. The m/c loop is VERY challenging in areas. Never been in the summer but I bet it's real hot on top of that mountain!

If someone is planning a trip post here and lets do it! Can't make the memorial ride but could do a ride after the STORM race on the first w/e in june.

Back