• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

k&n filter

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Last Name
geiger
If I install a k&n airfilter on my Dr650 will it increase my horsepower? I do know that it is reusable and easy to clean. But will it make a difference and sound cool like it does on my Avanache? Thanks

I dont think you would be able to tell the diffirence , My Ducati came with a K & N and was very loud , I replaced it at the first service . I could not feel a difference in preformance . In 85 I bought K&N air filters for 2 of my ford diesels . My oil samples after instalation quadrupled in dirt levels . After the second service and still high levels of dirt in the oil the K&N were tossed . The dirt levels dropped back down with the paper filters . Both those engines are still running too . SEYA

They aren't really very popular with the offroad crowd. They don't have a reputation for stopping all the dust you would want them too. A UNI-filter, Twin-Air or No-toil foam air filter will flow as well and properly oiled will stop more dust.

I must agree with the gentleman with the Ford diesel, I to have used K&N on my 2000 F350 diesel, have switched back to OEM filters. Had more positive results after changing back.

UNI's are easier to clean and cheaper to buy initially. I run UNI or stock in bikes and Amsoil or Stock in cars.

I had a K&N on a truck and went to moab with it, clean, oiled 1000 miles on that drive there. Intake was red with moab dust. Better filtering my *****. I bought a stock one at NAPA there and threw that K&N in the trash.

Back