• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My 08

Reaction score
I've been riding for almost a year now (Aug 07). I bought a used 00 SV650, took the MSF course, and then learned to ride in DC traffic. I've used the SV as my daily commuter and racked up over 6k miles so far.

A friend of mine talked about the Bandits being on the short list for his next bike. I did a bit of googling and stumbled upon this sight, worked my through the mega thread, and decided that it was exactly what I was looking for.

I bought the Bandit a few weeks ago as I felt the SV didn't suit my knees on long trips nor was I comfortable cruising on the highway with it (RPMs to high at 80). The difference between the bikes is massive and immediately apparent. Right now acceleration and comfort mostly but also decent fuel economy. The bike may not be as light as the SV but its still very fun on the back roads.

So far I installed racks for my 2 sets of Givi bags (21 and 36L), DL650 handguards, voltmeter, and electrical distro block. I ordered Mototlights but they sent the wrong mounting bolts so I'm waiting on the right size. I'm also waiting on grip heaters, probably the best mod I did on the SV, from California Sport Touring.

Thanks for the sight and all of the great pictures.

John

Attachments

• 08 Bandit 18.jpg
    08 Bandit 18.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 08 Bandit 14.jpg
    08 Bandit 14.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 08 Bandit 16.jpg
    08 Bandit 16.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 215
Yep the mega tread will send you to the dealer to buy a Bandit, great choice!!
congrats on your new ride and welcome to the sight!

John:

Cool bike - I love my '07 as well.

Can you chat a bit about you electrical box photo and what's wired to what?

Thanks - Phil

I've wired up the distro block on both my bikes using this site.

I used 12v from the license plate bulb to trigger the relay, all accessories go off with the ignition. I crimp, solder, and heat shrink most of my connections and sometimes slap on some liquid tape if I feel the situation warrants.

Having the block makes adding new stuff that much easier. I finished the Motolights today, still waiting on the grip heaters. I'll probably add at least one 12v outlet (for a heated vest) before fall.

Back