PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Suspension - Lowering/Raising Struts

PhilS
05-25-2008, 07:03 PM
OK Guys:

I was looking at Dale's raising/lowering struts for $65. He claims it will tighten up steering for the "canyon carvers" (not me) by raising the bike. My thought was something on the line of raising the bike for better handling per Dale's claim then lowering my seat to get "me" back to normal. I am really not clear on the practical use of these things.

Can any of you chime in on this issue?

Phil

KenB
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Phil, Phil, Phil. Welcome to the twtex chapter of modaholics. This is a 12 step program and the first step is admitting you have a problem :)

PhilS
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi, my name is Phil, and I'm a........uh........well.........."modaholic".
Thanks for meeting with me - all the rest of you modaholics!!!

Now, what exactly do these links do?

suzukijo
05-25-2008, 08:54 PM
we called them, seperators.

they seperate you from your money.

PhilS
05-25-2008, 08:57 PM
One good thing about money..............you can always make more.

Dink.1170
05-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Raise or lower the rear ride height of the bike, do not change the seating position in any way.

Dink

Gary M
08-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Raise or lower the rear ride height of the bike, do not change the seating position in any way.

Dink

I think you'll find it does.

MetrickMetal
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Dink

Of course changing the ride height effects the height of the seat, and your seat is connected to the frame of your bike is it not.

How does it go, the seat bones connected to the frame bone. :rofl:

sproggy
08-10-2008, 03:27 AM

Raising the rear of the bike will have no effect on the relative positions of the seat and the footrests. It will have an effect on the relative positions of the seat and the ground. It will also slightly (possibly too slight to notice) tip the rider forwards, putting more weight on the wrists.

MetrickMetal
08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Raising the rear of the bike will have no effect on the relative positions of the seat and the footrests. It will have an effect on the relative positions of the seat and the ground. It will also slightly (possibly too slight to notice) tip the rider forwards, putting more weight on the wrists.

What you say is true, and I was referring to the fact that seat will be higher or lower off of the ground, effecting how your feet will touch the ground. :rider:

sproggy
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
....effecting how your feet will touch the ground. :rider:

Or, in my case, not touch the ground.......

Dink.1170
08-10-2008, 03:23 PM
What you say is true, and I was referring to the fact that seat will be higher or lower off of the ground, effecting how your feet will touch the ground. :rider:

You Texans are weird, personally I dont ride the bike with my feet on the ground, wears the bootsoles a bit heavily for my liking.:doh:

Dink