• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tach signal on 08 1250 ?? Help

Reaction score
Tach signal on 08 1250 ?? Help *FOUND*

I already d/l the manual, thanks rworm for the link. I'm looking at the wiring diagram and cannot find any related sensors like crank sensor or anything else where I could pickup the signal for the tacho. I'm installing an Acumen DG8 gear indicator... I already found all the connections needed except for the tacho signal. :doh:

That's what I'm guessing too...but the speedometer must get a signal from the ECU and I'm wondering which wire going to the speedometer to use.

speedowiringlf6.jpg

I said tach ;) When referring to speedometer I meant the instruments panel/cluster. The pink wire going to the cluster is the speed input from the speed sensor.

Found it !!! :rider:

The yellow/blue wire on the instrument cluster harness is the one ! It goes to pin #13 on the ECU.

Just in case someone needs it:

Speed signal: Pink wire
Neutral signal: Bleu/Black wire
Power + = Orange/Blue wire
Power - or ground = BLack/White wire
Tacho signal = Yellow/Blue

Saucisse

Could you post the connections you made to the DG8 i.e which colour to which. I hope to be installing a DGV soon and it would halp as Acumen dont have any details

Cheers

This may be a silly question but, given that the Bandit has a gear position sensor as standard, why fit a gear position indicator that requires tapping into the speedo and tacho wiring and then, presumably, calibrating? Something like a GiPRO (and I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives that work the same way) will plug striaght into the Suzuki wiring under the left hand side panel and tell you which gear you're in straight out of the box.

Saucisse

Could you post the connections you made to the DG8 i.e which colour to which. I hope to be installing a DGV soon and it would halp as Acumen dont have any details

Cheers

Let me look into it and I'll post it for you.

sproggy: answer is simple... I've paid $50 back then for my DG8. For the price that was my best option. The DG8 do needs to be calibrated and there's a small lag in between the display of the gears....but again for the price I paid...I don't really care.

Its a fair point Sproggy, I didnt know it had a gear *** sensor, still at
Suggested retail prices - GIRO:
USA: 160, Canada: 170, Australia: 204, Europe and other regions: 120

The DGV @£60, which includes a voltmeter is excellent value

@Saucisse - thanks

why is "P.O.S" changed to *** ?

Saucisse

Cheers

Here you go:

Speedo = pink (solder to the orange wire of the DG8)
Neutral = Blue with black stripe (solder to the green wire of the DG8)
Power = Orange with green stripe (solder to the red wire of the DG8)
Tacho = Yellow with blue stripe (solder to the brown wire of the DG8)
Ground = black (solder to the black wire of the DG8)

sproggy: I've look quickly in my in the wiring harness section of the repair manual and did not found the gear position sensor...maybe I've look too fast ??:doh:

Great stuff Suacisse

Greg *** *** ** ** **** *** *** ***** ******** * * *** *** *** *** *

:rider:

ps I understand :mrgreen:

Its a fair point Sproggy, I didnt know it had a gear *** sensor, still at
Suggested retail prices - GIRO:
USA: 160, Canada: 170, Australia: 204, Europe and other regions: 120

The DGV @£60, which includes a voltmeter is excellent value

That's the exchange rate for you, I guess. When I bought my GiPRO (from Bikers Discount Store in the UK) it cost me about £70. Back then it was nearly 2$ to the £ so they've obviously had to put their prices up to reflect the cost of buying the units in for stock.

Does this mean I've bought a bike accessory that's actually gone up in value? :lol2:

Just for completeness, connections for a DGV are

GSF1250 Bandit 2008 - UK model

DGV Instrument Loom
Brown Tacho Yellow/Blue
Orange Speedo Pink
Red Ign live Orange/Green
Green Neutral Blue/Black
Black Earth Black/White
Purple Perm 12V Red/Blue

all connections are at the back of the instruments

Saucisse` post 6 is incorrect, he corrected it in post 11, Orange & Green is switched 12V - just in case it confuses people.

Back