• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Somewhere soon...

phm14

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
McCann
I've been getting the urge to hit some strange.....dirt, that is. Who's got ideas for a road trip? Been to CO on my YZ a few years ago, & rode Taylor Park outside of Crested Butte, then hit the Hans Peak area north of Steamboat-what a blast:eek2: Thinking maybe New Mexico this time, but would consider anywhere within 1200 miles or so, except old Mexico (way too many problems down there now). Might happen in July or August, so cooler elevations prefered. I'm planning on going solo at the moment, but cohorts welcome. Shared experiences appreciated.

Cloudcroft, NM is beautiful and has dirt roads and single track. Right now the National Forest is closed, but they usually get enough rain by early July to open it up again. So that fits your schedule.

Pete, I have some friends in San Diego I'd like to go riding with again. The last time we rode together was the Baja Peninsula 2 summers ago. We've only done some preliminary talking but there is a possibility of riding in AZ. Plus, I have a Honda acquaintance there. We've been lazy about solidifying plans but we still want a trip. We can include you in this if you're interested.

Cloudcroft, NM is beautiful and has dirt roads and single track. Right now the National Forest is closed, but they usually get enough rain by early July to open it up again. So that fits your schedule.
Hmmm, sounds nice. I've done some MTBiking in the Albuquerque area. Are there moto trails in the north/central area too? May be just the ticket.

Pete, I have some friends in San Diego I'd like to go riding with again. The last time we rode together was the Baja Peninsula 2 summers ago. We've only done some preliminary talking but there is a possibility of riding in AZ. Plus, I have a Honda acquaintance there. We've been lazy about solidifying plans but we still want a trip. We can include you in this if you're interested.

That sounds very interesting as well, Bob. The desert can be pretty unforgiving in the middle of summer, but definately less risk of expiration in a group. There's always fall...keep me posted I may be game for a trip to AZ. If anyone knows of any good local boards for NM or AZ, please post some links. I checked the TT WtR board for NM earlier and zip.

If anyone knows of any good local boards for NM or AZ, please post some links. I checked the TT WtR board for NM earlier and zip.
I go to the CRF450X section of TT sometimes. Full of desert racers there.

Back