PDA

View Full Version : Bandit adjustable saddle position

RcTimmy
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I was reading through the tech manual and found out it was pretty easy to move the stock Bandit saddle to the "upper" position which raises the seat about 1". I've been reading posts about moving your pegs down by flipping the brackets. That seems to give an awkward shift and brake position. Have any of you tried the upper saddle position? If so, do you like it? I just switched mine a few minutes ago to try but I have not been on a ride yet. I'm 6'-2" and most of that is in the legs with a 34-36" inseam.

A1A
05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm only 6' 0" tall, but raised my seat to the highest setting and really like the more relaxed leg position. I think you're going to like it as well. Some have lowered the rider pegs and really seem to like that too.

:rider:

RcTimmy
05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, I just got back from a very short ride and I can already notice a difference. I don't feel any taller on the bike and still seem to sit "in" it rather than "on top" of it. The knees seem to be much more comfortable.

sproggy
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm 5'7" and I changed the seat to the high position because in the low position it put too much stress on my knees. Long rides (about 9 hours in the saddle, two-up on Friday!) are now pain-free whereas with the seat in the low position anything more than 3 or 4 hours would start to cause discomfort.

It looks a bit odd in the high position, though.

pesto_boy
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey guys,

I have raised ONLY the front part of the seat - mostly because I felt the bike had a bit of a forward lean - and find it to be quite comfortable now.
I'm 5'11"...

Z_Hawk
06-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,

I have raised ONLY the front part of the seat - mostly because I felt the bike had a bit of a forward lean - and find it to be quite comfortable now.
I'm 5'11"...

Did the same tonight. Took it for a spin and liked it well enough that it will stay this way. Helped give my legs more stretch and put the bars a touch more super sport like. Gonads squished against the tank is solved, as far as comfort I'll have to take her farther than 10 miles to know for sure.

Rcdd
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
If you only change the front of the seat, don't the back two rubber mounts (of the front section of the seat) "float"?......I tried it it, and found the seat wasn't supported were the front and back sections join......Maybe I'm just a moron with 2 left wooden hands.....:lol2:

MetrickMetal
06-10-2008, 10:32 AM
If you only change the front of the seat, don't the back two rubber mounts (of the front section of the seat) "float"?......I tried it it, and found the seat wasn't supported were the front and back sections join......Maybe I'm just a moron with 2 left wooden hands.....:lol2:

Just remove the two 6mm bolts and raise the front of the seat to the higher bolts holes and leave the rubbers in the low seat position, as this will raise the front of the seat and the rubbers still support the seat, at least it does on my bike. This gets rid of a lot of the forward slop of the seat and makes it pretty much horizontal. :rider:

Rcdd
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Just remove the two 6mm bolts and raise the front of the seat to the higher bolts holes and leave the rubbers in the low seat position, as this will raise the front of the seat and the rubbers still support the seat, at least it does on my bike. This gets rid of a lot of the forward slop of the seat and makes it pretty much horizontal. :rider:

Cool...I'll try it....just the front mount, and leave the rubbers alone....got yeah....:rider:

pesto_boy
06-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Just lifting the front of the seat will go a long way in reducing the 'family-jewels squeeze' during hard breaking! And it does make the stock seat slightly more comfortable. I must admit it looks a little odd - being higher in the front than the back - but it's only noticeable if you really look closely.

Now, if I only could do something about the useless sponge Suzuki uses as seat padding...

MetrickMetal
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Cool...I'll try it....just the front mount, and leave the rubbers alone....got yeah....:rider:

I forgot to mention that by raising just the front of the seat, the front of the seat is now able to lifted up and down about 1/4". So to fix that problem I cut a piece of 1/4" thick flat aluminum 1/2" wide x 1" long and using piece of
3M VHB double sided tape, I stuck it to the recess on the bottom side of the bracket on the gas tank that the tab of the seat slides into.

The tab on the front of the seat now slide underneath the 1/4" aluminum spacer and keeps the seat locked firmly in place. The stock seat is much more comfortable with just the front raised up. :rider:

whitesands
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
So you removed the forward slope ?

red757
06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I raised the front seat, both front and back of it and when i put it together i had a nice gap on the front piece that slips under the fuel tank mount. I was able to move the seat up and down about 1/4" also. I took the seat back off and removed the 4 L rubber stops and put the ones from the right on the left and left on the right. They will line up with the holes and now i have no movement when seat is on. might work the same if you just do the front bracket and change just the front rubber stops.

looking from front of seat with underside facing up.
before=( I_ _I ) After= ( _I I_ )
sorry for the horrible before and after thing.:rofl: :doh:

Trailduster
06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Now im confused, L to R and R to L , Do we mean front to rear and rear to front ?? [the bushings]

red757
06-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Now im confused, L to R and R to L , Do we mean front to rear and rear to front ?? [the bushings]

Maybe i did it wrong but so far it has worked like a charm. With the front part of the seat seperated from the back I raised the mounting brackets for the higher seat level. The bottom of the seat has 4 L shaped rubber things(for lack of a better word) I had to take the 2 on the right side and switch them with the left side. Dont rotate them or anything. just take the 2 from one side and switch them with the other side and screw em back in. It got rid of the 1/4" gap where the seat slides under the fuel tank. Sorry no pics, but i might can snap a few when i go to check the torque on my bolts.