• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TwinMax Syncronizer

They are very popular with the BMW crowd and work very well for twin cylinder engines. For three or more I'd get the CarbTune II.

This tool seems to be big with the V-Strom crowd also. I read that it can sometimes make a BIG difference in how the engine performs. I plan on buying one in the near furture (1-3 months) and will post results unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks, Ol Dave

I have a TwinMax - I've used it on various twins over the last few years - BMWs, Guzzis, Ducatis and a couple of Japanese bikes. It's a good product once you get used to using its sensitivity in the right way.

But I wouldn't use it for an engine with more than 2 throttle bodies/carbs - although there are claims that you can use it this way you will lose far too much accuracy IMO by comparing only two cylinders at a time. As kurt said - something like the Carbtube is far better suited to the Bandit.

Just don't forget where you put it when you are not using it... :doh: :oops:

Yup, I have the older Carbtune II.. It works fabulously. That's why I recommended it. :-P

Yup, I have the older Carbtune II.. It works fabulously. That's why I recommended it. :-P

Looking at the Carbtune and the one from Motion Pro, the Carbtune looks to be a lot beefier unit as far as construction goes and its currently $114 with shipping to the US which is just about what the one from Motion Pro would end up costing me with tax and shipping, maybe even a little less. :rider:

The motion pro unit still has fluid which makes it a pain to store. Air mail from Britain was quicker the ground shipping in the US for me.

Back