• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Powerbronze Touring screen - Review

bones

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Zubak
I was asked for my $0.02 and thought I'd make a thread. Will add pics tonight.

Got mine of Ebay from The Superbike Store.

I ordered the standard one and got it and it was just like stock with a bit more bubble in it. I was not happy, and David was VERY nice and exchanged it for one of his 4" taller ones. It does not have a flip that I can tell. All in all I like it a lot. Looks nice for a taller screen which i am usually not a fan of. I like the dark tint also. Wind does not nail me in the chest like before and the buffeting I think is little. I am 6' 175#'s and the seat is in the low position and stock bars, until last week when I put on Daytona's

Two thumbs up for price, quality, look and performance.

Thanks for the write up. We all seen to have the same opion of the stock screen, it's not enough. These real world reviews help everyone out with what works and what doesn't.

Looking foward to the pics.

Oh, one more thing. How was the fit, any issues there?

This bike and any screen I have installed, stock and these two PB's are utter ****'s to get installed. The grommet nuts are a joke. I wanted to say I was going to go to stock until I went on longer trips, but that's not happening.

Alright, here are some pics.

Only issue is the GPS hits the screen where I like it mounted. I have to push it closer to me and the tank bag. I will get a bar mount lower or a shorter RAM mount. Currently has a 3"er
303780237_94ug2-L.jpg

303781665_npheA-L.jpg

303781781_W6GRw-L.jpg

Compared to stock
303781889_daAA9-L.jpg

303781983_6eVuk-L.jpg

I've seen those GPS mounted to the steering stem bolt? Just an idea...

I've seen those GPS mounted to the steering stem bolt? Just an idea...
That's my thoughts, but I had it this way on my VFR and like it there to control it while riding.

Once I get my legal speed helmet mount I will move the radar above the speedo or someplace more out of the way. As of now it's pretty useless since you can't see it often enough to notice it in time....hence the 90 in a 70 I got a few weeks ago...knocked down to an 80. :eek2:

Once I get my legal speed helmet mount I will move the radar above the speedo or someplace more out of the way. As of now it's pretty useless since you can't see it often enough to notice it in time....hence the 90 in a 70 I got a few weeks ago...knocked down to an 80. :eek2:

Get the Marc Parnes LEDs and you won't have any trouble seeing the radar alert anymore. I am using them with my Valentine1 and they work well mounted right above the speedo guage chrome ring. I T-loc velcroed/double side taped mine to the ring. Below you can see them in the fuzzy pic. Belive me they work day or night!
Suzukidoublebubblescreen003.jpg

Can be found here http://www.marcparnes.com/

Yeah but I honestly pay little attention to the gauges. I go off the GPS most of the time. My friend has the legal speed gizzmo and it's slick, other than it being battery powered. Only real down side....of and the expense

Yeah but I honestly pay little attention to the gauges. I go off the GPS most of the time. My friend has the legal speed gizzmo and it's slick, other than it being battery powered. Only real down side....of and the expense

I don't use the OEM speedo either what I was trying to convey is that the location of the lights there for me at least somehow seems to get my attention whether I am looking at them or not. In short you can place them anywhere since it comes with a 12" cord and you can get a longer cord added on. I was a non-believer before I got them. They really do work and are very simple I have not missed an alert to date. Now if you looking at road side scenery when they go off not much will help then.:lol2:

Have you changed your gearing, or are you just not in 6th gear here? Mine is right at 4k RPM at 80mph indicated... just curious.

Screen looks good. I keep telling myself I'm going to keep it stock, but I'm not sure. This is my first bike with any kind of screen at all, so I don't think the wind is bad, but it's really noisy at speed.

You said the wind used to hit you in the chest? What about now? Stock screen wind hits me right under the helmet, just above the shoulders. I don't get any buffeting, but I think the blast being directed right under the helmet is the reason for the excessive noise.

trey

I might have been in 5th. I remember I was for a long stretch not paying attention. I think in 6th at 80 I am closer to 4K and 90 I am at 4.5K or so.

Wind hits me about the forehead now it seems and it is a lot quieter.

I might have been in 5th. I remember I was for a long stretch not paying attention. I think in 6th at 80 I am closer to 4K and 90 I am at 4.5K or so.

Wind hits me about the forehead now it seems and it is a lot quieter.

Where did you get the mirror extentions ? These stock mirrors are useless unless i want to look at my arms. Yesterday a pissed off girl almost takes my rear fender off as she is doing a fly by and i didnt even know it untill she is beside me flooring it on down the road..Thanks SZ.

I still see m elbows in half the morrow with the extensions. When I am not wearing my jacket I can see fine. I guess we are not to wear gear. lol

I installed a PB last Friday. Brought the air flow from my mid chest to about mid helmet. Good clean flow of air to the helmet vents. Put on about 500 miles checking it out between Friday and Saturday. Today I went fishing in my boat that needed running big time. :')

I installed a PB last Friday. Brought the air flow from my mid chest to about mid helmet. Good clean flow of air to the helmet vents. Put on about 500 miles checking it out between Friday and Saturday. Today I went fishing in my boat that needed running big time. :')

I just bought one off of eBay.... should be here any day now. How difficult was it to install? How much of the instrument panel and/or fairing do you have to remove?

Thanks
Richard

I just bought one off of eBay.... should be here any day now. How difficult was it to install? How much of the instrument panel and/or fairing do you have to remove?

Thanks
Richard
Gauge cluster and a few on the plastic faring trim to get it in place. I struggled with the lower two bolts, but I was using socket style allen wrenches and it's tight in there. I'd use simple allen wrenches or the T-handle style and it'd probably be easier.

Gauge cluster and a few on the plastic faring trim to get it in place. I struggled with the lower two bolts, but I was using socket style allen wrenches and it's tight in there. I'd use simple allen wrenches or the T-handle style and it'd probably be easier.

Thanks... I appreciate your response... not looking forward to the job now... LOL
My FZ6 had all of the shield's mounting bolts in the front fairing... it took all of 5 minutes to replace the shield....

Thanks... I appreciate your response... not looking forward to the job now... LOL
My FZ6 had all of the shield's mounting bolts in the front fairing... it took all of 5 minutes to replace the shield....
Yes there were more than a few choice words said during install. Just have a beer and take yer time. it's not that bad

Someone had did a good picture report on removing the windshield. The only thing I found different was that I could not access the bottom screws that way. They were backwards so I had to kinda pull the shield out a bit to get to them. Be careful of the rubbermounted nuts as they can be pushed out of the fairing pieces quite easy and you could lose one. Don't ask ;-)... Also be carefull of the clip on nuts for the other nuts holding the fairing on. Easy push them out of place. Make sure all the little tabs are in line for fitting it back together.

not looking forward to the job now... LOL

Well, we really don't wanna go into replacing a headlight on a BMW R1150GS now do we. Talk about a super major PIA.
But I know about the windshileds. After BMW GSs, DRs, DRZ, KLRs and the VStorm. This Bandit shield is a PIA. ;-)

Andy in Jennings

Back