• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Monday 6/2

I think I'm going to play hookie and be there since I couldn't meet TxSandman on Saturday morning... I haven't ever ridden the forest - or anywhere else, really. I just picked up my bike on Friday.

How long should I plan on being gone and do you burn more than one tank of gas?

EDIT: And where is the east side trail head?

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome Chris, glad you joined.
Take 45n to 1375 west, follow the signs to the multi use trail parking. Its on the right past ranger station, turn in at the gulf coast trade center and the road turns to gravel for a few miles. 5$ day pass or 25$ year pass at the ranger station.
1 tank of gas in a 250x should be fine, Pete carries a gps so the loop will last as long as you want. If you take the trail directly across from the parking lot entrance take lefts for the short loop, right or straight for the long loop. If you start on the trail to the left of the parking entrance, take rights for the short loop. Bring a camelback and have fun,wish I could make it!

I am also bringing a couple of other buddies, one on a CRF450R and one on a CR125. None of us have ever been up there, so I'm looking forward to the trip but am denying any culpability for those other two guys in advance... and thanks for all the info.

Steve, good to meet you today and Pete, sorry we missed you. We had a rough time on the trails with all that sand... we pulled up and went to Three Palms instead. I was skeptical but had a blast... did pretty good for someone who hasn't ridden a dirt bike in 25 years!!

Steve, good to meet you today and Pete, sorry we missed you. We had a rough time on the trails with all that sand... we pulled up and went to Three Palms instead. I was skeptical but had a blast... did pretty good for someone who hasn't ridden a dirt bike in 25 years!!

Good call, Chris. I probably would have had a better time @ 3P today myself;-) http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28511

What's the gate fee @ 3P these days?

"Daily membership" fee of $5, + $16 to ride = $21 for the day. I think an "annual membership" can be had for $40, but it's still $16 to go out and ride.

Yesterday was pretty good though - not a lot of other bikes out there, and it was easy enough to coordinate with other folks so that we weren't out there running over each other.

Back