• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSF 1250 Low Beam Vertical Adjustment

A1A

Reaction score
I hope this don't sound to stupid. I rode my bike at night really dark out, no street lights for the first time. To my surprise my low bean vertical adjustment seems to be set way to low. The low beam left to right adjustment seems set very accurately.
So where is the vertical adjuster located for the low beam bulb? The high beam bulb seems set accurate left to right and vertically. My Owners Manual seems lacking with poor pictures and vague write up procedure.

Thanks!

Left side behind headlight under the fairing..........
I stuck an allen wrench in it for better visibility.

Phil

LightAdjustment001.jpg

LightAdjustment002.jpg

Glad to see you're experienced!! You can help me aim both when you get up here in August!
Wally

Won a free cruise to Mexico instead....perhaps next time.

What I don't like is the fact that you can not adjust the high and low seperately........ulness someone else has figured out how - please advise.

Phil,

So you have to remove the instrument cluster to adjust the low beam vertically?

Thanks for everyones response!

Phil,

So you have to remove the instrument cluster to adjust the low beam vertically?

Thanks for everyones response!

No, you don't have to remove anything. The vertical adjustment bolt is visible from the left side about 3-4" from centre (left-to- right) almost inline with the bottom bulb. In Phil's pic you can see the bulb cover just to the right.

It can be seen and adjusted from the top side of the bike but it would be easier to take a pic from the bottom.

Thanks Brass,
I went out in the garage and looked real close under the fairing and found the vertical adjustment. I made the adjustment and will check the results tonight.
I guess the high beam doesn't have any adjustment at all. Because any adjustment mentioned pertains to the low beam.

:chug:

Very strange design, because on high beam everything was fine. But the low beam was way to low from the Dealer. It was so low in fact, that 25 mph was close to over driving the low beam headlight distance.

:chug:

On the instrument cluster below the tacho there is a small hole, IIRC a 4mm hex key inserted in that hole adjust the high beam seperately to low beam.

Dink

On the instrument cluster below the tacho there is a small hole, IIRC a 4mm hex key inserted in that hole adjust the high beam seperately to low beam.

Dink

I know there is a hole just under the speedo that requires a 5MM hex to adjust horizontal for Hi and Low at the same time, but I was not aware of a hole under the tach for a 4MM hex. You have a picture handy?

Rworm was nice enough to cut his bike up so everyone could see the headlight vertical adjustment.
How's that for helping out your fellow Bandit rider!

RWORM - Also known as Mr. CrossSection!! Thank you for cutting your bike in half for our viewing benefit!!!:eek2:

Bike looks cool, eh? Suzuki should offer a really naked version!!!

The bolt he is pointing at is both the low and hi adjuster for vertical beam. To be clear here - is there a seperate "hi only" vertical adjuster?

Yes, yes they should.
trey

Let me ammend.........

"Bike looks cool, eh? Suzuki should offer a really naked version!!! - IN THE USA"

It would end up probably being $1000 less than the Honda 919 and the Kaw Z1000 and a bunch more than the FZ1. But, alas, it's not to be.

Thank you Suzuki Marketing.........

Let me ammend.........

"Bike looks cool, eh? Suzuki should offer a really naked version!!! - IN THE USA"

It would end up probably being $1000 less than the Honda 919 and the Kaw Z1000 and a bunch more than the FZ1. But, alas, it's not to be.

Thank you Suzuki Marketing.........
You know if it was in the US i would have bought it in ''BLACK''
AND GAVE IT A HAIRCUT:trust:
rworm

Back