PDA

View Full Version : Price matching?

mrpesas
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Do any dealers in DFW pricematch internet pricing? I found the Bartlesville (http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/default.asp) site that lists Bandits for $7299. Cheapest I see in DFW (on the interenet at least) is $1000 more. I'd prefer to buy local, but I don't know if I'll be wasting my time trying to get them to price match. Any recommendations?

Chirpy
06-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Bad time of year to beat up dealers on pricing, but you can always try.

Walk into one, show 'em the Bartlesville price, give them a little extra for saving you the drive (say $7499.99) and see what they say. Worst is that you're going to Oklahoma anyway...

GregH
06-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I know that LAST year (2007) the DFW dealers wouldn't budge. They couldn't get Bandits in stock and the dealers wouldn't trade with each other. I don't know whether or not their inventory is deeper this year.

CBRider
06-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I found the Bartlesville (http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/default.asp) site that lists Bandits for $7299.

The fine print in their website says freight and set up and other fees are not included. I bet if you check into it the dealer in Bartlesville will add several hundred dollars for set up and another several hundred for freight and more fees for documentation etc. Pretty soon the price is above MSRP. What counts is the bottom line out the door.

CBR

trainman
06-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I got my 07 V-Strom from Grandbury Motorsports, best price in the DFW area. Don't know about the Bandit if they deal or not at this time. Ask for NicK Milson 817.573.2851, if you are not ready to buy don't waste their time or yours. Look for that total out the door price, not just the selling price of the bike. I tell them up front that they can list the bike out anyway they want, you can add crap as much as you want, but when it get down to where I buy, it's going to be the bottom line that counts.

John

Chirpy
06-03-2008, 05:19 PM
The fine print in their website says freight and set up and other fees are not included. I bet if you check into it the dealer in Bartlesville will add several hundred dollars for set up and another several hundred for freight and more fees for documentation etc. Pretty soon the price is above MSRP. What counts is the bottom line out the door.

CBR

I think that's just poorly worded. In the past the "red" price is OTD for a cash sale.

CBRider
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I think that's just poorly worded. In the past the "red" price is OTD for a cash sale.

Sorry I wasn't clear on my post. My point is a that dealer who advertises $7299 for the bike and then adds other charges for freight and setup and tax/title/license may not be any cheaper than another dealer who sells for MSRP ($8299) plus only tax/title/license.

Like I said, what counts is the price out the door.

By the way, by Hippo town do you mean Hutto?

CBR

TAPnTX
06-03-2008, 07:21 PM

CBR

Not true, B-Ville does not charge (Freight, set-up or Inventory Tax) just a $12 Doc fee plus the price on the net. I know I have purchased 6 bikes from them and I have never paid any of the extra fees.

Todd

CBRider
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Not true, B-Ville does not charge (Freight, set-up or Inventory Tax) just a $12 Doc fee plus the price on the net. I know I have purchased 6 bikes from them and I have never paid any of the extra fees.

Todd

In that case, then it is really a good deal and worth the drive.

CBR

FDM
06-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Here is a link to a tread I started when I was price shopping.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24659&highlight=bandit+sales+price

Chirpy
06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Like I said, what counts is the price out the door.

By the way, by Hippo town do you mean Hutto?

CBR

As I said, their red price is Out The Door.

Hutto indeedie. Just barely though, a little north of Rowe Lane. Where the "not tornado" ripped through two Wednesdays ago :doh: